Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions on clear corners

Hi,

I`m new at this forum. I`m also a new Mazda owner and bought my Mazda 323 just a month ago. I`ve read some of the posts here about clear corners, but I have a couple of "new" questions I hope some of you can help me with.

In my e-spec 323 the glas on my corners are yellow. This means I can`t do the "remove the yellow" move. So I just wondered if you can do that on the usa-spec corners? If you can does these corners fit the e-spec model?

And... I also heard that the j-spec model have clear corners but you have to buy them with the head lights. Is this true? If so how much for the whole package and how can I get it? And of course... does it fit?

not sure about the package/clear corner availability for the j-spec lamps. however i can input this much, e-spec and j-spec are alike.. interswappable if you will. the e-spec and j-spec corners have the white 'stripe' if you will.. basically the corners are larger than the us-spec corners. so this method of knocking out the plastic and throwing us-spec corners on your e-spec headlights will not work.. as such, if we get a set of e-spec headlamps, we cannot use our own corners, we have to score a set of e-spec corners as well . however, if you read around the forum here, you'd know that e-spec headlights are a highly desired item over here in the states. so likewise, if you're willing to make some dough.. we're always looking for a source for e-spec headlamps . well, now that i've bombarded you with an advertisement, we welcome you to the club.. we're all a family.. moreso than you'll find ANYWHERE else. good luck bro
    kevin

Comment

Well, is there any chance to get clear corners for my 323 at all? Does anyone have any easy way to "convert" an existing corner or know where to buy one for a e-spec model?

I bought a 323 1992 BG mod with a 1.6L, 90BHP engine. I haven`t done much with it yet but have some plans with it. Nothing extreme but perhaps some 16" rims and some lowering springs. I have for now paintet my fenders and mirrors to match the car and put in a simple stereo. See the link (no pictures of the car yet).

Now for the european headlights. I could check out some prices for headlights and corners for you, but I live in Norway and everything related to cars cost a lot. Just an example. I bought my `92 Mazda 323 for around 6500 US$. I don`t know if that considered much in the US, but here in Norway thats actually considered cheap

Comment

meh, depends on what year.. etc etc.. if you purchased your car, say, in 98 or so here in the us.. 6500 would be average.. this day and age, anything over 2,500 to 3,000 us dollars is considered the price limit. no blue book value or decent human being could go beyond that, but even so, some do
        peace

Comment

Well, I bought it one month ago It has a low milage (95.000km) and I guess this car with a normal pricing would cost 7000-7500US$. Don`t know if head lights and corners cost the same... How do you get these e-spec stuf to fith your car if they don`t match?

Comment

They do match but you can't mix and match. If you want e-spec then you need e-spec headlights and e-spec corners. If you want us headlights you'll need the corners also.
            -------------------------
            '91 LX
            '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
            well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

What is the main difference (looks) between e-spec and us-spec? Does the US-spec have clear corners or semi-clear corners? Got some pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by norwegian323
                What is the main difference (looks) between e-spec and us-spec? Does the US-spec have clear corners or semi-clear corners? Got some pictures?
                The Us-spec headlights are plastic and are very ****ty. The corners are amber. Here's a pic of what they look like.
                '91 LX
                '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
                well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

For your referance, here is a J-spec light so you can compare to your style.

As you can see, the setup is the same as E-spec, but different from the US lights just as yours are. As far as J-spec clear corner lights, they are possible to find without the headlight, you just have to keep an eye out for them. I am currently in the process of trying to locate a set.
                  1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                  MODS:
                  GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                  TO DO LIST:
                  EDM/JDM rear bumper
                  EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                  Repaint car

Comment

No you cant

Comment

Originally posted by itzkcatz
                      No you cant
                      Can't what Jon?
                      1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                      MODS:
                      GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                      TO DO LIST:
                      EDM/JDM rear bumper
                      Repaint car

Comment

Blah sorry i read it wrong, If you find jspec stock clears they are very rare

Comment

Just to clarify here, the J-spec clear corners are not completely clear. They are kinda the oposite of the E-spec and US spec corners. The J-Spec clears have a clear outter lens, with an amber lens on the inside, while the non clear J-spec, E-spec and US-spec corners have a clear reflector on the inside, but the outside is amber.

Comment

If you got a pair of J-Spec clears, could you combine the US-spec and J-spec clear parts to make one pair of completely clear corners? Forgive my ignorance.
                            ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

No you couldn't. The J-spec/E-spec light is bigger than the US light.
                              1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                              MODS:
                              TO DO LIST:
                              EDM/JDM rear bumper
                              Repaint car

Comment

Working...
                              X