Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just picked up a 323 gtx turbo 4x4 want to know what it'll take to reach my goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked up a 323 gtx turbo 4x4 want to know what it'll take to reach my goals

So I just got the car. It had some gay exhaust n a filter on it already. I got a boost guage, boost controller, and wideband. My goal is to have a 100 to 110 trap car. I don't care about 1/4 mile et cause I'll be running the car mostly on the street. So what should I get and do to reach my goal? Is it possible on stock turbo? Any help would be appreciated.

If it isn't possible on stock turbo I have a evo 3 16g and a flange I can make work.

Comment

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mazda-323-Timeslip-6094.html it's reasonable.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
      1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
      1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
      1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
      1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Yea I've seen thAt I just really wanna know if I can reach 100+ traps on stock turbo

Comment

Well considering he's running stock boost... at 16ish it wouldn't surprise me. But these cars aren't meant for the 1/4mile. I've never had any of mine on the strip to check my facts.

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

My festiva traps around 100 at 16psi weighs a couple hundred less than a 323 though.
            12 cbr250r: daily ride
            01 saab 9-3: daily
            98 gsxr 1100: for sale
            93L: money pit/ space waster
            92GL: low and slow beater
            90?: the rust free shell
            89LX: swapping to rust free shell
            89L: for sale
            89L: parts
            87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
            76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

it also doesn't have as much power sucked up by the 4wd system.
              2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
              1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

well.. the only 323 i saw that trapped close to that had stock block, arp head studs, gt2860rs (disco potato) 25+ psi and supporting mods.. ran 12.XX cant remember the trap exactly but i would assume it was close to 110..

to answer you question the stock turbo will not do it. it only has the flow for about 170 whp.. which would put you in around the 13's..
                festiva #1 stock daily 63 whp FTW

festiva #2 bp+t, sink trap style turbo setup, g series trans, thunderturd 60 trim, 550cc's, s-afc, rx7 vaf, 38mm external wastegate, fmic, etc.... let me know how the taillights look

Comment

How much is that disco potato? And does anyone have any experience with megasquirt on these cars. If I go bigger turbo I would also prob need a bigger fuel pump a fpr injectors a front mount a manifold and megasquirt. Is there any turbos that would bolt right up to my manifold that aren'tuch bigger than my stock one? And how would I tune for it?

Comment

I am ordering a chipped ecu to run 16lbs we'll see how much this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by warpigtype-s View Post
                      I am ordering a chipped ecu to run 16lbs we'll see how much this helps.
                      where did you get it from?

Comment

Get the Rocketman one. He's on this site.

Comment

i got mine flashed from reich. 16-18 pounds apparently. just run stand alone, anti lag weeeee.

Comment

You recently order it from Reich?

Comment

Working...
                            X