powerbulbs.com order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

powerbulbs.com order

So i got my order today from powerbulbs.com (ordered last sunday.. i'm impressed)

so i got my Osram H4 silverstar lightbulbs... i'll install them when i find an underground parking lot... probably go to a mall tonight and park underground.

buuut.. in my order. i got some Bluevision W5W... from my understanding.. these are for my blinkers... will the blue light make a diff??
    and will it even fit??

i didn't order these.. they must be a promotional thing or something.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

Yes, I believe they ship a set of side blinker bulbs for free. The only difference is the color. Personally, I like the LED's. They look clear when they're off and they're much brighter when they're on.
    Arvin
    2003.5 Lazer Blue Mica Protege5

Comment

ok.. then next question...
      is it complex/hard to install signal lights??
      never even looked at it.. and i'm gonna be doing the headlights outta pattern, soon.. -28 with the wind, right now... so it's gonna have to be a FAST process since where i'm going shopping doesn't have underground parking

RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

I took mine off with fishing string...yes, FISHING STRING. Your going to get a nice length of strong (+20 lbs.) fishing string and your going to slip it behind the light along the fender. Pull towards the front and then towards you and this should compress the lever that holds it in the fender. Change the bulb and just snap the whole assemply back into the fender. The other (longer/harder) route would be to remove the three plastic fasteners inside the wheel well lip and pulling back on the plastic enough to get your hand in there and release the lever from the inside out.
        Arvin
        2003.5 Lazer Blue Mica Protege5

Comment

well.. here is my car before the Osram Sylvanias..

here it is after the Osrams:

I'm actually not that impressed with them.. they are a little brighter.. like 10-15%... but not 50%, for sure.
          i'm going go have to go find a darker road somewhere, so i can see what they look like without city lights.. and clean off some the salt on the lenses.. but still.. not impressed for CDN$45

RB springs
          Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Yeah, I just got mine a couple of nights ago and installed them, and I can definitely see a difference but they're not as good as I expected. I was under the impression they would be whiter than they are. I had the Sylvania Silverstars in my old car, which are supposedly not as bright, but they have a slight blue coating so they come out looking just about pure white. I think I like them better for visibility.

Comment

yeah. i like the white vs yellow..
              but i liked my cheapo APC Xenons... they were like $10 less and they "looked" brighter.

RB springs
              Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Working...
              X