Automatic Trans interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Trans interchange

My girlfriend's BF 323 has an automatic trans thats starting to slip. I'm on the lookout for a spare trans with low miles.

My question is: Does a 90-94 BG auto trans interchange with a 88-89 auto trans?

Also if anyone has a good spare BF auto trans in California or nearby let me know.

FLC ATX is the 3 speed auto trans that came in the 88-89 323's.

The F-4EAT is the 4 speed used in the 323 from 90-up.

So the answer to my question is.... Nooooo....

Comment

the engine ECU controls the tranny in the BG chassis so that's something to keep in mind as well.

Comment

Kind of a mute point now really....

....A hit-and-run drunk driver wrote off our 323 Saturday morning. I heard the noise, which I thought was a trash can falling over, and looked at the clock. It was 3:23 A.M.

A teenager in a 2002 Mustang pushed the car 10 feet from where it was parked and up onto the sidewalk, picked up most of the peices and drove away without leaving a note, or anything.

The damage is bad. The rear doors won't open, the roof is buckeled in a few places and there are 1" gaps between the trunk and 1/4 panels.

But he did miss picking up one important piece. A piece of plastic with a coolant label on it, that I recognized as being from a Ford Mustang. That and a few black paint chips gave me a description of the car we were looking for.

In the morning when we realized what happened, we put the word out around town. Rich, a lumber delivery guy and friend, told us he happened to spot a black mustang, wrecked, sitting in a driveway, neaby our house. We drove there and confronted the kid, and after lying about it ended up confessing to the whole thing when we asked why there was all this red paint on his car.

He walked with us back to our house, and left in a police car.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by pikespeakgtx; 02-21-2010, 05:39 PM.

Comment

That jerk!

Comment

wow, thats pretty nasty. surprising that even with the roof buckling the windows didnt break. so what now? do you get an insurance settlement with that now so you can buy a 323 with a good tranny?
            1988 323 GTX - 16psi Daily

Comment

Working...
            X