Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 fuel pumps stop working in the space of 3 months ...... How come!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 fuel pumps stop working in the space of 3 months ...... How come!!!!!!

3 fuel pumps have stop working properly in 3 months. 1st Walbro 255lph, 2nd used stock Protege most recently WRX Sti this lasted 3 weeks. What could be the cause of this?

Walbro 255lph stop pumping but can hear the pump making noise as if it is pumping.

Used stock Protege pumping very low, like when you turn on a garden hose slightly.

WRX Sti same as Protege pump

I have never run out of gas with any of these fuel pumps & they all have the strainer installed on them.

I am wonder if i am having a low voltage issue.

I need some info on how much voltage should the gas pump be geting?

I am getting 7.2v - 8v during start up I am uncertain if this ok.

How much volt so i be getting when the engine throttling?

Uh, more than that. If you only have 7v, then your amp draw is going skyward and blowing out the pump.
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

What can I do to fix this reocurring problem?

Comment

Originally posted by mazkam View Post
        What can I do to fix this reocurring problem?
        Take it to a mechanic.
        Grab a DVM and start checking the continuity of your wiring system. Something is pulling your voltage down. If you've recently installed anything electronic in your car (sound system, alarm, gauges), then try starting there. How old is the alternator? Has it been recently replaced? What condition is the charging system wiring in? Has it been modified?
        Do you have a Volt meter installed in your car? What does the gauge show when idling? When you rev the engine?
        Last edited by BFMRGTX; 02-20-2010, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X