vj-11 install break down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vj-11 install break down

Alright so i just completed a VJ-11 swap on my gtx. Obviously the manifold fits the turbo, you use the stock dp from the vj11, take your old up pipe flange and use it to make the exhaust because it doesnt fit up.Stock vj-11 coolant banjos work and I used the coolant hose from the block to run from turbo to coolant cross over pipe and a simple 90 bend to connect the block to the turbo. vj-14 oil return line works perfect as well as oil pressure line. The only hard part to this swap is making the wastegate not hit the block. So what i did is hammer the crimped edge of the wastegate down fairly flat where it hits the block and then took the wastegate and bracket off, redrilled holes about 3/4 of an inch lower on the bracket so the wastegate sits on the compressor housing. This required using a bench grinder to take off the lip found on the bracket.

Other than that guys its a simple swap and the payoff is pretty good as well. I dont have anything but the dp on right now so the boost creeps and spikes alittle so i have it set alittle low but the power at 15psi is retarded. Also noting i have a cylinder running on a bit lower compression due to a valve not getting seated when i swapped it over.

Comment

Working...
    X