X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I or Shouldn't I?

I just purchased my rims from Wheelmax:

17: Chrome Exel H-50 with tires.

Would I need to drop my car with these installed?
    Would I need to replace the struts, shocks, etc.?

Does anyone have any pictures of there 99 Mazda Protege with 17" Rims without the car being dropped?

Thanks
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/mazda99protege

lots of members have cars on 17s.. just look in the photo gallery for examples.

for 17" rims.. it would look kinda silly if you didn't lower it... and i believe you would have some rubbing action going on if you didn't, as well.
    you don't HAVE to replace the struts on your car.. but there is a symptom with the Eibach springs and stock struts where there is a clunking noise.
    if you don't wanna blow the cash on too much just get some Teins or MSP springs.. i don't think they make the clunking noise with stock struts.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Hey I have 17" and didnt drop it.
      Doesnt look that bad.
      Rubbing? at stock height?
      17"s with high preformance tires are about the same size as the ordinary wheel.

The only reason im looking into springs is that it would stiffen up the ride even more.
      Sorry no pics for now, I took off the rims for the snow, otherwise I would go take some.

Comment

Let me just say good choice on wheels. I looked into some 18" Exel H-50's in chrome before I decided on gunmetal. I would highly recommend lowering the car with 17s. It will get rid of that horrible wheel gap and make them look larger. Here is a picture of my car way back in the day at stock height with 17s.

Comment

Working...
        X