Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Bumper

****I-mark bumper pics pg 2****

Well, my endless search for a GtAe bumper doesnt seem to be going well, so ive been looking around for alternatives. Unfortunately, Im not a big fan of the I-mark bumper.

Has anybody ever thought of trying to mount up a bmw E30 front bumper to a 323?

For some reason every time i see one, i always think it would be the perfect candidate to try and make work on the 323.

Thats the M3 bumper, but even the normal E30s would look better IMO. Plus they are easy junkyard finds.

The probability of it working smoothly are probably slim to none, but just wondering if somebody has already given it a shot.
    Last edited by mcrumble; 03-23-2010, 08:24 PM.
    1988 323 GTX - 16psi Daily

The only other bumper swap is the 89accord front bumper and I'm not a fan of that swap myself
    but it would look pretty but the e30's do have a slight curve or roll to the front end... There is another alternative that's ok IMO it's the mkll gti/golf, I have a thread about it on mazdas247.com if you want to take a look

Comment

i fitted a 86ish crx front bumper on mine, but its made the nose to flat/ to tucked,i-mark seems the best.
      i have also seen isuzu stylist front bumpers on a gtx, and bg j-specs ones.

a side not anyone have any good rear bumper options?
      5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

hey ryan1 do you have any pictures of your bumper setup?

Comment

ive been to the JY alot lately... ever think about the old yota front bumper... or the old mazda truck bumper... or even the boxy chevy cavalier ?

Comment

I have some saved pics from the other forum in which an Imprezza bumper was used. It ended up looking very, very well. I don't have my hard drive with me, but I can upload them after I return home.

Comment

impreza +1

Comment

Definitely want to see pics of some of these bumpers done.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

I'll be getting off the boat around the 1st of April, so I'll upload them around that time. The pics show how the bumper was cut and trimmed to fit. The finished piece turned out great. I think it was the 2.5RS or WRX (if they aren't the same), and I don't recall if the fog lights were used.

Comment

http://www.amazd.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16371

thats it right there.

well, i looked at a few more pics of the i-mark bumper and decided it was the best option. and plus, i found a guy locally who just out of coinsidence has an I-mark bumper for sale for cheap. ill end up running that until i find something else that i like better.

Comment

aaaaaargh, link is busted!

Comment

the amazd forum is down.. thats not cool.

Comment

And it's up again.. I would like to see how it lines up with the fender.

Comment

so, i ended up getting the imark bumper. amazing how well this bumper fits.

PS i know the intercooler is a bit crooked. the mounting brackets need some work.

Comment

details man ..... any trimming? we need side views too

Comment

Working...
                              X