wheel/tire sizing. will it fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel/tire sizing. will it fit?

straight and to the point. will 16X7.5 +32 with 225/50 16 tires clear the strut perch on a 88 gtx? sry for the noob question as i havent really messed with the car much.
    88 Mazda GTX- rusted dalmation, it runs?
    00 Ford ZX2- red terd, mods: slow
    00 Ford ZX2- purple ricerocket, 302whp/298wtq - SOLD

depends on the backspacing of the wheel. 32 offset isnt much though so im not sure.

i had a 15x6 rim with a 195/55/r15 tire and i had less than half an inch of clearance. i did have a slight bit of negative camber though.

i tried on a 15x8 rim 0 offset with a 205/50/r15 tire and it immediately scrubbed the strut and dented my fender. lol

bottom line, i think it will rub but how bad im not sure.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

I couldn't get 205-15's to fit on mine, but have no idea what offset Millen Panasports have.
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Whats the correct off set for our cars?

Comment

IIRC, the stock wheels were 45 offset

Comment

If you ask me, IMHO, they're too wide. I could barely get 15 x 6.5 w/ 195/50-15s to fit properly. BUT, I like them. No rub, fills the fender well, enough sidewall to minimize bending rims, and a lot cheaper.

Comment

I run 205/40/17's... gtx struts are a little different then 2wd bf struts... I found I had a little more room.. the fronts might fit but all my fit issues were in the back..

Comment

Working...
              X