Cruise Control Installation on BF GT/GTX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise Control Installation on BF GT/GTX

Anybody here ever do the cruise control mod (addition) to your GT or GTX? I have all the parts and started installing some of them today, but I ran into one problem so far. When I swapped out the control unit that is clamped around the steering wheel (that has the buttons and arms for the headlights, turn signals, wiper blade controls and so on) the one I put on that has the orange button on the end of the wiper control arm has designated set of wires with a four pronged, white connector. Problem is.... I couldn't find the other matching connector anywhere. I was sure that my car's original wiring harness would have had it. Am I just looking in the wrong place? is it tucked (hidden) somewhere that I haven't looked yet? Am I going to have to go back to the junkyard and find a 323 with this wiring and surgically remove it from that wiring harness to add to my car? How did you guys (anybody and everybody who's added cruise control to their BF) manage this? Did your cars come with the wires?

Larry

Tick tock, tick tock.... You mean to tell me no one here has added cruise control? I thought for sure there were several GT owners who did it. If somebody doesn't fess up soon, I'm going to start claiming to be the first!

Comment

if it same as euro spec, not all cars have all wiring
      My mazdaz
      mazda 323 BG Sedan GT V6, V6 sound
      And mazda 323 BF "GT" FE3, FE3n sound
      And all so mazda protége

Comment

Originally posted by Nroto1 View Post
        if it same as euro spec, not all cars have all wiring
        Dang it! I might have to start cutting up a donor harness in the junkyard if I can find one..... crapola.....

Comment

have to ask

do you have install other cruise parts, have you looked other needet plugs (cruise unit plug, actuator plug)

if you find those then it has to be there
          as cruise wiring is in front wiring loom
          My mazdaz
          mazda 323 BG Sedan GT V6, V6 sound
          And mazda 323 BF "GT" FE3, FE3n sound
          And all so mazda protége

Comment

Originally posted by Nroto1 View Post
            have to ask

do you have install other cruise parts, have you looked other needet plugs (cruise unit plug, actuator plug)

if you find those then it has to be there
            as cruise wiring is in front wiring loom
            Haven't had a chance to look closely/carefully yet. I will though. You bring up a great point. I have vacation all nest week. Hopefully the weather will be nice as my garage is so full of stuff that I can't pull a car in. LOL

I think it's time for a garage sale!

Comment

The GTX did not come with the CC wiring. You will have to pick it out of a donor wire by wire. Make sure you get it all too. There are like 3 or 4 starting points. It take LOTS OF PATIENCE and a good 3 hours. Take the whole dash out of the car to make the job easier. You will end up in the left front fender. Grab the stepper motor from a Capri if you are running boost...ie no vacuum.
              Clay

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                The GTX did not come with the CC wiring. You will have to pick it out of a donor wire by wire. Make sure you get it all too. There are like 3 or 4 starting points. It take LOTS OF PATIENCE and a good 3 hours. Take the whole dash out of the car to make the job easier. You will end up in the left front fender. Grab the stepper motor from a Capri if you are running boost...ie no vacuum.
                Clay
                I'm only running 15 lbs of boost. Okay, okay.... I'll look for a stepper motor from a Capri. Good advice.

Hey.... anybody out there got a stepper motor from a Capri laying around that you're not going to use?....... (there, that's a start).

I might have to sneak some "liquid" patience into the junkyard if I don't have the wiring. 3 hrs? Is that a challenge? I'll bet I can do it in 2.5!!!

Joke.

Thanks guys.....

I'm going to have cruise control even if it kills me!!! If guys on this thread can drop V-6 motors into BFs, I can add cruise control!!! (Gosh, I hope I don't eat those words....).

Comment

But Lar, we all know your good at eating words.
                  Mazda
                  1988 Black 323 GT
                  DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Hey Kyle....

Would you please keep an eye out for a Capri throttle control motor thingamabobber in the Portland pick-a-part? Thanks.

Comment

Hey Larry sometimes the mazda uses jumper wires in order to make the wiring harnesses compatible.. What ever you are getting the cruise stuff from look at the wiring connected to it and see how it goes...

I remember when I did my auto - 5 speed swap there was a jumper plug that I had to take out of the harness under the dash and factory jumper wire that I had to install in its place that connected to the clutch safety switch... If I didn't see it when I took everything apart I would have never know it was there.. in turn the 5 speed has wiring plug with it that installs in place of the park switch with a jumper wire in it to eliminate the park switch.. it all was plug and play but you needed the right little bits to make it work..

Comment

Working...
                      X