zoom zoom crash.....agian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zoom zoom crash.....agian

got hit by a ups truck heres the damage! and ima be in the market for a mx3 gs lookin for one close to vegas
    Last edited by TheOnenOnly; 03-14-2010, 03:56 AM.
    sigpic

you can see were my face hit the window
    sigpic

Comment

That sucks, man. Next time use a tow dolly. Seems like every time I tried doing a rope tow, we had some manner of close call. It ain't worth the risk. A full car trailer costs way less than this accident. Broke the seatbelt?!?! And the windshield? With your face? Ouch...
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I hope your ok dude. Sorry about the pro. I totalled my girls accord like 2 weeks ago. I know how it feels but i wasn't hurt.
        Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
        "Who Dey"

Comment

Wow that sucks. Seat belts are not supposed to break. Hope you're okay and find another BG soon.
          1990 Protege 4WD
          GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
          ├┼┤
          2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

**** the car, you're alive and escaped serious injury! I'm sure you'll be taking less things for granted now... hope you heal fast

1993 Mazda Familia GTR - work log

Comment

Sucks man. Hope you get back on your feet fast.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Sorry to hear. Glad to see you're ok
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

How fast was he pulling you???

I think this could have been avoided if more precaution had been taken. From what I can gather from this story, your friend was following the UPS truck too closely while chain towing, if he hadn't been chain towing, the distance between him and the truck wouldn't have been an issue. The other one being that the chain was too long! For him to have swerved around the truck and not dragged you with him and sent you into the UPS truck like that, yikes!

I am sorry for your loss, and glad you weren't too badly injured, but next time find a smarter friend to pull you to a friends house for any kind of work. Or, like what was already suggested, rent a dolly from u-haul! much cheaper than replacing a car.
                  -Dennis
                  95 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 - 191k miles

I'll be back in the BG game eventually!

Comment

I looked for a bit for the video with no luck... sounds kind of similar to your situation...

EDIT: found it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-xnw568hNo

sucky situation, sorry to hear man!
                    Last edited by FazdaBoy4ever; 03-01-2010, 05:10 PM.
                    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

wow that suck!! good to see you ok.
                      2012 Kia rio
                      2009 Nissan Frontier
                      1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

well, be DAMN glad you werent driving on the highway later on down the road and gotten into an accident at speed. you probably wouldnt have been walking away from that. to hear a seatbelt snapping is a scary thought.
                        1988 323 GTX - 16psi Daily

Comment

yea thanks every one for the concerns im just happy to be alive and not a vegetable or in a coma but now that i accually think about it the shoulder strap on that rail doesnt do good at all with a collision. my belt got stuck in the middle of the rail on my 1st pro and i kept hittin my head on it every time i got in the car and i was in a ****ty mood one day and hit my head on it gettin in the car and i got mad and punched it and it just popped out and the belt this time well lets face it......im not a lil guy lol

Originally posted by silverton View Post
                          How fast was he pulling you???

I think this could have been avoided if more precaution had been taken. From what I can gather from this story, your friend was following the UPS truck too closely while chain towing, if he hadn't been chain towing, the distance between him and the truck wouldn't have been an issue. The other one being that the chain was too long! For him to have swerved around the truck and not dragged you with him and sent you into the UPS truck like that, yikes!

I am sorry for your loss, and glad you weren't too badly injured, but next time find a smarter friend to pull you to a friends house for any kind of work. Or, like what was already suggested, rent a dolly from u-haul! much cheaper than replacing a car.
                          the tow strap was like 8-9 ft long from car to car so it wasnt too long and my car sits way lower than his silverado so i really couldnt see to far ahead =/ but yea ima keep that in mind next time. i never thought of renting a dolly lol.

Originally posted by FazdaBoy4ever View Post
                          I looked for a bit for the video with no luck... sounds kind of similar to your situation...

EDIT: found it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-xnw568hNo

sucky situation, sorry to hear man!
                          dam that sucks i dont think he had the ignition turned thats y his wheel locked up but his tow strap was real long
                          Last edited by TheOnenOnly; 03-14-2010, 03:57 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

my face after the doc cleaned it up and stopped it from bleeding

you can see where my head hit the window in this one

and heres the steering wheel.......
                            Last edited by TheOnenOnly; 03-02-2010, 06:27 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

I still vote he was following much too close to the UPS truck, and that's a bit quick for a chain tow. When I'm getting chain towed, doesn't happen often, I'm always on the brakes. Just a little pressure, and always watching from something to happen, you should have had plenty of time to react to him swerving with a 10 foot tow strap. I've had a couple times where when we arrived there was smoke billowing from the rotors/pads. Again, new rotors and pads, cheaper than buying a new car.

But, you're okay and this is definitely going to be a lesson you'll remember.
                              -Dennis
                              95 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 - 191k miles

I'll be back in the BG game eventually!

Comment

Working...
                              X