PDA

View Full Version : I think I am in love

MisterT
01-27-2004, 12:48 PM
Phoenix Gold has these 5 1/4" separates that are a part of their Elite Series. I think they are the Ti 5 model that retail for $750. They are supposed to be one of the best sounding speakers on the market and recommended RMS power is 300 watts!!! :drool: It's a SPL/SQ's wet dream come true! :wackit:

blue LEDz
01-27-2004, 01:32 PM
define "best sounding";) and $750 is a bit steep, even for my expensive tastes:)

MisterT
01-27-2004, 03:49 PM
Yes, but they may be the only pair of speakers you'll ever need. Now do they come with a 10 yr warranty and I would seriously consider spending that kind of money. :eyes: Have you heard any CDTs? I hear they are some of the best for the money.

dacinokc
01-27-2004, 06:04 PM
Full retail on Focals is more than that! Have you actually heard a pair? I would always maintain it is how it sounds to the owner, not the price or press. :mdrmed:

blue LEDz
01-28-2004, 07:03 AM
Full retail on Focals is more than that! Have you actually heard a pair? I would always maintain it is how it sounds to the owner, not the price or press. :mdrmed:

yeah there are plenty more than that. hell, even alpine has a $3k set out :drool2: and rainbow has the $10k set :boink:

MisterT
01-28-2004, 08:41 AM
What sucks about here in Chas. SC is that not many retailers carry the name brands I am assuming because the bigger retail stores (Best Buy, Circuit Sillies, etc.) are driving the smaller stores out of business. The shop I worked at is now closed down. I thought they were renovating, but now there is a sign in the lot stating building is for sale.