Am I cheating on my GT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I cheating on my GT?

.....I bought a speed 3 at a super hell of a deal.
    But, it IS a GT!

What do yas all think?
    Attached Files
    Mazda
    1988 Black 323 GT
    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

I guess that's 2 of us cheaters Enjoy the new ride!

EDIT: - although mine's a 1991 GT ...
    Last edited by Lex; 03-15-2010, 01:41 AM.

Comment

how could you?!?

jk, nice pick up dude. whats the plans for it?

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

OMG! and you got the 08 Silver GT just like mine! lol, I'm cheating on my 93 4 door and the 90 323.

I guess that makes 3 cheaters?

Nice find!
        Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Off the line yes, but I garuntee you the Speed 3 will no doubt pull a WRX or atleast real it in.
          Mazda
          1988 Black 323 GT
          DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Oh, and its actually an 07'
            Mazda
            1988 Black 323 GT
            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

I want to be a cheater nice score
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Edit: CP messed up and replaced my first reply with this one, so I deleted it thinking CP just placed the bellow post in the wrong spot because the window sat open for half a day. I originally said the MS3 is fun, but if others in its class start modding he should consider the go-fast toys here: http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...egory_Code=MS3

=(>.<)=

Originally posted by Crazy Drummer69
                a WRX/rallyart that has any kind of mod done to it, especially the WRXs.
                You can get a new AWD WRX at 265HP & 244ft-lbs, which will outrun the speed3, and get a COBB accessport tune for a few hundred to boost you to ~310HP & ~294ft-lbs. Or do the same for an 07 WRX from 224hp & 226ft-lbs to ~277hp & ~328ft-lbs.Then they could add on intake, exhaust, etc. Did I mention AWD & lack of torque steer?

Stock for stock the Speed3 will take on others in its class and age (not anymore), but outside of the realm of stock and you'll find yourself needing to make the expensive upgrades to keep up.
                Last edited by Crazy Drummer69; 03-15-2010, 12:45 PM.

1993 Mazda Familia GTR - work log

Comment

I like speed3's !
                  2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                  1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Drummer69 View Post
                    You can get a new AWD WRX at 265HP & 244ft-lbs, which will outrun the speed3, and get a COBB accessport tune for a few hundred to boost you to ~310HP & ~294ft-lbs. Or do the same for an 07 WRX from 224hp & 226ft-lbs to ~277hp & ~328ft-lbs.Then they could add on intake, exhaust, etc. Did I mention AWD & lack of torque steer?

Stock for stock the Speed3 will take on others in its class and age (not anymore), but outside of the realm of stock and you'll find yourself needing to make the expensive upgrades to keep up.
                    Well no **** kungfu, their closely matched stock for stock. Only thing the Speed has going in its favor is power to weight ratio. No AWD parts to lug around. :D

Dont get me wrong, I love AWD, but for what I use my car for, I dont need it. Plus, with the right setup of suspension and motor mounts, you can eliminate Torque Steer. This car is not staying stock.
                    Mazda
                    1988 Black 323 GT
                    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Bye bye 323 GT.. Wanna just sell it to me now and get it over with?

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                      1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                      1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                      1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                      1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Honestly the speed3 responds to cheap modifications better than almost any of the usual tuner cars out there. With an intake and a tune (AP or otherwise) the car is close to mid 300 ft lbs of torque (at the wheels) and passes the 300 whp mark. It will walk a stage 2 STI. However, FWD gets to be a little hairy at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
                          Oh, and its actually an 07'
                          Since it is an 07, they had some problems with some of them at the factory and the rear motor mount was not tightened all the way, and the bolt will work itself out, you might want to check the service records on it or crawl under the car yourself. If loose, pull the bolt out (the other motor mounts will hold the engine in place, no need for jacks) and put some lock tight on it and tighten it to spec. Or just pull out the weak RMM now and replace it will a stiffer one and then not have to worry about it. But either way, I'd still check it for piece of mind.

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
                            Honestly the speed3 responds to cheap modifications better than almost any of the usual tuner cars out there. With an intake and a tune (AP or otherwise) the car is close to mid 300 ft lbs of torque (at the wheels) and passes the 300 whp mark. It will walk a stage 2 STI. However, FWD gets to be a little hairy at that point.
                            Where did you pull this info from? I'm friends with the local speed3 guys and they all had intake + turbo-back exhaust and could only keep up with the GTR at 10PSI. I haven't raced one with a tune but with such a small turbo, I'd like to see which company offers a tune that can make it jump from 263hp and 280ft-lbs to ~340hp & ~396ft-lbs (13% drivetrain loss). You're saying with exhaust, intake, FMIC, and a tune it's going to put out a 77% HP increase and a 80% increase in torque? Not a chance.

1993 Mazda Familia GTR - work log

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Drummer69 View Post
                              Where did you pull this info from? I'm friends with the local speed3 guys and they all had intake + turbo-back exhaust and could only keep up with the GTR at 10PSI. I haven't raced one with a tune but with such a small turbo, I'd like to see which company offers a tune that can make it jump from 263hp and 280ft-lbs to ~340hp & ~396ft-lbs (13% drivetrain loss). You're saying with exhaust, intake, FMIC, and a tune it's going to put out a 77% HP increase and a 80% increase in torque? Not a chance.
                              LOL, Lex is like a MS3 guru. This will prove to be an epic discussion.

GET HIM LEX!

Comment

Working...
                              X