p5 or mp3 bumper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p5 or mp3 bumper?

what are the additional mods that i'll have to do to accomodate either?
    my body shop said that all i would need for the P5 bumper is the bumper. .. but for the mp3, i would need new fenders and new headlights.. and pretty much a whole new front end.. which i'm not down with.

so anybody got any insight.
    i looked at the FAQ. and i just got a little more confused.

the use Nguy posted pics of his MP3 bumper on his Pro.. and he didn't mention fenders or anything... ???

i'm just looking for a nice bumper and later, some nice side skirts and a rear lip.. just to make it look nice 'n different.. but engine (as i learn)

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

For the MP3/MSP or P5 front bumper you will need the bumper rebar from an MP3/MSP or P5. You will also need the wheel wells and fog lights. If I remember right thats all.
    02 Protege ES

Comment

im having the mp3 front end put on my car since i damaged the front end and i had to buy the bumper mount, wheel wells, lower grille, and the fog lights
      bumper mount- 145 bucks
      foglights - 150 each
      lower grille - 18 bucks
      not sure about the wheel wells cuz i didnt realize i needed to buy them, but im gonna pick my car up friday so ill give you part #s and prices when i do.

2003 Sunlight Silver ES 5 Speed
      www.cardomain.com/id/bigwoo23

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

Comment

alright.. i'd be stealing the foglights (which i'm assuming are the same as a P5 from a local junkyard) and i'll be making my own front grille as per negatize's "how to"
        keep us updated.
        it seems to be a more common mod nowadays.

RB springs
        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

i believe the fog lights are exactly the same from what ive heard. please link or post that how to for the front grille so i can check it out. im not even sure if i plan on keeping this front end that long, i might get the buddy club kit and then have to sell it out or hold onto it. time will tell. u said about getting some at a junkyard - check out www.car-part.com if you dont have any luck and you can search for them and have them sent.

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

Comment

well i got my car back finally with the new front end on it, and i must say it gives it a much more aggressive look. While i was at the dealer i asked the body shop manager who i dealt with what it would cost for every single part that would be needed to do a full ES to MP3/MSP front end swap and i was told roughly 2000-2200 from a mazda dealer.
            Heres some pics i took (snow sucks in MI)

Compared to-

you decide what looks better, only problem is that it needs side skirts and a rear skirt to make it look better. The front end looks about 2 inches lower than the rest of the car.
            Last edited by bigwoo23; 02-02-2004, 09:10 PM.

Comment

u guys might know where i can get an mp3 rear skirt bumper?

Comment

...there's no images in your post(?!)

RB springs
                Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

bigwoo: I checked out your website, nice job on the conversion. Check your PM.
                  Patrick
                  SOLD--->'03 Sunlight Silver Metallic ES

Comment

Working...
                  X