Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polyurethane suspension bushings for BF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polyurethane suspension bushings for BF?

Anyone know where I can find Susupension bushings for The BF chassis?

Pedders..... down under

Comment

+1 on Pedders.

Comment

I checked out Pedders usa and they have stuff for the 323, but they don't list years or chassis. Anyone have actual part numbers that we would use?

Comment

Corksport might still have that information. I wish I would have kept my invoice, as it had all the info on that too.

Comment

i cross referenced ford laser tx3 kh bushings (85?) parts numbers with the pedders usa part numbers for 323, I think i have it narrowed down a little.

Comment

any luck finding bushings? I need Bushings for my '88 BF
              1988 Mercury Tracer. (aka Ford Laser)

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Comment

I have polyurethane all throughout my car front to back. I went with Pedders for some stuff, Energy Suspension for other stuff. I had to do some measuring because Energy Suspension doesn't make a kit for the BF, but I got the universal bushings for the sway bars which was reasonably priced. I went with Pedders for the lower control arms and I even got some Honda Civic Energy Suspension pieces because of some Civic brackets I used on the rear sway bar.

Comment

you can cross reference pedders australian catalog: http://www.pedders.com.au/catalogue

its more comprehensive than any info on the pedders usa site. i looked it up for my BJ bushings, US/AU part numbers are the same.

Comment

Cheers. There is a Chrysler dealer in Toronto that will order from Pedders Australia. I let him know what I needed and Pedders will get back to him with a list and pricing for everything that I need. Fingers Crossed

Cheers, Ty

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

This is good info. Another mod on my list of things to buy.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

its a must! and again, I want your bumper!

sigpic

Comment

the entire front can be done with off the shelf parts from Pedders. the rear sway bar, energy from autozone off the shelf.

Rear lateral arms and rear trailing arms CAN be done. Energy Suspension has generic bushing of all dimensions. What I did was clean a spare set of arms (all 6) and the bolts/ alignment eccentrics, found the closest bushings... then had to drill out the (4) there the eccentrics went through.

On the knuckle/spindle side I had to create a shim-pack/spacer to keep the rear most lateral arm from walking off the bushing. No biggie... grade 8 washer pack on the knuckle side to keep the arm in place.

I will see if I can find the bushing #'s and get some pics of the car when I get home in 5 weeks.

Rob

Comment

Here is an Australian company that has a really nice website with detailed dimensions of the bushings they sell for the BF chassis. I've emailed them to see if they will be able to ship to the US...possibly as a group order if needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X