Motor swap sephia 01 beechs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor swap sephia 01 beechs

ight got a 01 sephia wit 5 spd headers and intake but it's not enough lmao and turbo cost too much 2500. so is it possible to swap a FS-DET into my sephia with a B8D i think its called or the 1.8 but its not the bp. or is it cheaper to just buy the kit for it or nos. no one on the kia site has done this lmao cause if it can be done it will be fuking tight cause smog legal .... ya im in cali sux

where in cali u located

Comment

past sac about 100miles from there but i am about to pick up old school "B6T' and keep kia as daily cause obviously no one has done this swap fsdet so im getin an old 91 323 with the turbo 1.6 146hp. :-)hahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Comment

first of all, your sephia has hyundai/mitsubishi stuff in it so you would be better off going with something from them, second of all, all that effort for an FS-DE just isn't worth it.
        2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
        1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

well this post is dead cause no one has done it and i am getting 323 wit the B6T so ill be posting over there wit progress and questions cause it dont run lmao but with ur guys help and co workers it will be up in no time im getting the 91 on sat

Comment

Just FYI, someone has done the turbo toilet in case you are into new innovative bad ass ideas!

Comment

The T8D in the sephia 2001 model is a good engine. No turbo needed to bring the ponies up to around 180.

Cams, port and polished head, lightened flywheel, stage 3 clutch, underdrive pulley, Ported intake manifold, BBTB, C.A.I., decked 30 thousandths head, and a Megasquirt system will be a kick in the pants! You'll be right at about 185hp. I know from experience.

However, the engine can easily be built to reach more than 300hp. That is not without it's costs though. Your looking at the nice price of around 4k. That is also if you do all of the work yourself...lol.

The problem for you is being in California. You either build it so the emissions out the tail pipe will pass the smog sniffer, or pay through the nose for smog.

For example... I own an 02 Rio. Not of the same engine class since my block is that of the B6 series mazda engines. It came stock with 98hp. I am now running roughly 130hp. The car passes smog out the tail pipe, so my smog guy ignores the visually added goodies at no extra charge. It CAN be done.

Comment

Working...
              X