Yes, I know, too many, but......Megan racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I know, too many, but......Megan racing

Anyone have any experience with the megan racing adj. rear control arms for the 323 along with adj trailing arms? according to horsepowerfreaks.com, their product/part #s will fit all models up to 05 (did they make a 323 in 05?). Did the bf suspension remain that unmodified for that long?

iv always pondered the same thing....
    sigpic

Comment

I ordered the front and rear rear control arms on tuesday, thursday they call me and say that the control arms were R and D'd for the 94 and fit up to an 05. My reply was "why the heck do you have it listed as up to 05?" and the guy checks the website and says that it states 94 to 05. I then inform him that I have an email that says otherwise and after some investigation he discovers they changed the page that morning! So, in retrospect I am happy they called me and warned me after reading my notes ( I mentioned they were for an 88) and kudos to them, and their expedience in realizing that there was a problem and fixed it. I took the plunge and ordered them anyway, and who knows, maybe I will have some success. I will keep all posted, any input would be awesome, thanks.

Comment

So does this mean that they would fit a BG chassis, or am i missing something huge here?

Comment

Most likely it's the BHA-BJ stuff.

Remember in Japan BG started in 89.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
          1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
          1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
          1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
          1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Originally posted by concealer404 View Post
            So does this mean that they would fit a BG chassis, or am i missing something huge here?
            what this means is that I will be taking pics of product and seeing if I can make it work. If so, for the cost of most bushings, I can get adjustable control arms with bushings installed. Hmmmm.....

Comment

sick keep us updated
              sigpic

Comment

All things in due time, the items in question should be at my residence on the 6th. The company is out of Oregon, but they fed exed them and they went to Cali first. Grrr...

Comment

They will definately NOT work in stock form! Way too long, and no perches on the front set for anti-sway bar. Anyone with a 95 or newer protege that wants the fronts and rears for 150+shipping? Never used, I can garuntee it. Now for the modification possibilities. I could cut them down and re-thread and maybe make them work. It comes down to bushing angle and diameters are going to work. I can possibly get the perches needed welded on. Just a tab of steel with a 1/4" hole drilled in it. I will investigate further possibilities, if anyone wants em, speak up before I destroy them!

Comment

Working...
                  X