8 valve b6 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 valve b6 thread

1988 BF hatch....There is a white female single spade connector that splits off from the harness at the throttle position sensor. It is black with white stripe and fairly heavy gauge 12-14 maybe. What does it go to? I have the FSM wiring but, this connector is not listed ( I think). It has 12 volts to negative, I will double check. It must power something.

I put the head on and ran into a problem with the harness. And, it wont start.
    The wiring should be stock setup, I bought the car in pieces, so i have to put it back together

timing marks are set but the rotor is pointing past # 1.
    (Calling #1 the one on top of distributor circle. Should it be the one closer to the radiator?)

...any help appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by grey1; 03-25-2010, 02:14 PM.

Originally posted by grey1 View Post
    There is a white female single spade connector that splits off from the harness at the throttle position sensor. It is black with white stripe and fairly heavy gauge 12-14 maybe. What does it go to? I have the FSM wiring but, this connector is not listed ( I think). It has 12 volts to negative, I will double check. It must power something.

I put the head on and ran into a problem with the harness. And, it wont start.
    The wiring should be stock setup, I bought the car in pieces, so i have to put it back together

timing marks are set but the rotor is pointing past # 1.
    (Calling #1 the one on top of distributor circle. Should it be the one closer to the radiator?)

...any help appreciated. Thanks.
    Man this is a slow board...I thought you guys would have me plowing snow with this thing by now!

UPDATE: The single spade connector has 12v to negative with the key ON, but 12v to positive with key OFF. Other ground wires are black with yellow. This is black with white.

I am sure I have the harness routed incorrectly. As it is, the only connection I can see this single connector reaching is a ground on the valve cover. I just want to be sure.
    Last edited by grey1; 03-25-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X