Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a b6t guru

Hey guys

Got my JDM b6t installed in my gtx. but running into a small issue. check it out, see if you know what the problem is. its doing some crazy auto reving stuff when you connect the tps. i know the tps is good because i tried two of them, one off of my daily which i know is in good shape...

any suggestions?

instead of explaining everything i thought a video may be the best way to show what i mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a6U_zupIWw

and i have also changed the MAF to a spare i had to make sure that wasnt the issue.

its a full JDM B6T running a USDM wiring harness... the original TPS on the motor is a 3 wire tps, which is very weird for a B6T isnt it?
    Last edited by mcrumble; 03-30-2010, 01:19 AM.
    1988 323 GTX - 16psi Daily

Probly needs a 4 wire tps to work with the usdm harness and ecu.
    12 cbr250r: daily ride
    01 saab 9-3: daily
    98 gsxr 1100: for sale
    93L: money pit/ space waster
    92GL: low and slow beater
    90?: the rust free shell
    89LX: swapping to rust free shell
    89L: for sale
    89L: parts
    87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
    76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

the one i disconnected in the video was the 4 wire tps from my old usdm motor

Comment

ah ic im at work at cant watch vids
        12 cbr250r: daily ride
        01 saab 9-3: daily
        98 gsxr 1100: for sale
        93L: money pit/ space waster
        92GL: low and slow beater
        90?: the rust free shell
        89LX: swapping to rust free shell
        89L: for sale
        89L: parts
        87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
        76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

That is the craziest thing I've ever seen. It took a long time to d/l the vid here at work, so I was thinking that it might be the dashpot has screwed-out and wasn't engaging. But this... this is odd.

Comment

First of all get the tps on and adjusted per the fsm an go from there. Take off the intake pipe and make sure the butterfly is closed in the idle position fist though..... and check the idle screw. I would assume you are getting a cel for the tps at least. Check all vacuum lines and is the BAC/ISC working properly. Pinch that hose to see if the idle comes down.
            Clay

Comment

****....put some water in that thing...the thermo sensor under the int manifold would like to see that reading also.

Comment

Yeah... it could be the thermo sensor freaking out, i have my doubts thats what it is... but you should really put something in there to keep you motor from being totally pissed off.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

alright, got everything plummed up, i would only run it for maximum of a minute with no coolant in it. i JUST got it running. ill go over everything you guys said on tuesday. hopefully she runs good.

Comment

Yeah, thermo sensors can be weird like that. The older mazda 4 cylinders will do this when the coolant hasnt been burped and the sensor thinks its running dry from other issues, I.E. coolant leak. Best thing, get a leslie coolant funnel kit and fill it till it stops, then put about 3/4's coolant in the funnel. Run the engine to operating temps until the thermostat opens. Once it opens, coolant will hit the thermo sensor and bring idle down to where it should be. You do want to be careful though as in most cases, an air pocket is trapped in the engine and once that thermostat opens, it will suck that water in, drain the funnel and let out alot of extremely hot air. Make sure your around to top off the coolant when it does this.

As stated by Clay, if this isnt the issue, check your Idle air control valve. If its freaking out, it can cause erratic behavior as well.
                    Mazda
                    1988 Black 323 GT
                    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

thanks for the idea. i will be trying those ideas out very shortly, and will post up my findings.

Comment

Working...
                      X