Injector issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injector issues

i have been working this issue for a while, so its time for some outside help.

back story: purchased car missing two injectors, previous owner claim two injectors were flooding engine, crank case had about 2 qts of gas in it, purchased two reman injectors from ebay.

i installed two injectors and swapped the oil/filter. started the car and then shut if off after a few seconds. the car had what sounded like an ignition miss fire. since the car had been sitting for a long time and the previous owner did abuse it, i figure it was just a tune up issue and dismissed it as such. few days go by, and i do a tune up.... the "miss" is still there!

compression test = 150 145 148 145
    spark at all cylinders
    turbo spools
    pulled #1 spark plug = no change to idle
    pulled #2 spark plug = no change to idle
    pulled #3/4 spark plug = struggles, but stays alive

(next day) since i could get to the #1 plug (its missing the c-clip), i unhooked it. there was no change to the idle at all. no even a check engine light, the first time i did it. did a simple continuity test, this is where i am confused, and both wires are showing a positive signal. anyone have an idea?

btw: #1/2 injectors are the reman ones from ebay. not thinking its the injectors themselves, since i have used reman injectors form this source before.
    88 GT - DD
    88 GTX - whore

swapped plugs around, issues swapped also. guess its the injectors. anyone know what the ohm reading should be across the injector for oem?
    88 GT - DD
    88 GTX - whore

Comment

tested the injectors.

old OEM = 14.5 ohms
      new ebays = 13.5 ohms

any suggestions?
      88 GT - DD
      88 GTX - whore

Comment

You said when you swapped the plugs around, the issue swapped as well. Have you tried replacing those plugs? Or did you mean you swapped injectors around? As far as your ohm readings go, the remans will be slightly more open than the OEM ones, but I doubt it would be enough to flood the engine or cause a misfire feeling. I'm not 100% on that, though. Hopefully someone with an FSM will be kind enough to check on the ohm levels for the injectors??
        1995 626: daily beater, mostly stock. Future NASA racer?

Next up: Speed6 or RX-8

Comment

sorry, meant i swapped the injectors around.

they are not flooding at all. they are just plain not opening. zero fuel is coming from either injector.

the ebay seller is going to send me two more to have. hopefully these ones will work. if not, i might try using all the same ones from the seller.

i was hoping someone with a FSM would have jumped in here, but no one has.
          88 GT - DD
          88 GTX - whore

Comment

Working...
          X