91 protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 protege

hey everybody, i just wanted to share my 1991 protege with you guys.
    I did not build this car, i have only done the brakes on it since ive bought it off a guy at work who did all the work himself. its done 14 seconds flat on the 1/4 mile.

My previous car was a 1993 Nissan 240sx with the 2.4L dohc motor that i had boosted. i have blown the headgasket and bought this car (my first fwd car), im not going to do to much modifying to it since its just my daily driver. My plans are to buy a house with a garage and get another 240 for a long term biuld while keeping the protege as a daily driver!

So here it is....enjoy.

CHASSIS
    - 1991 Mazda Protege (300,000km)
    - Functional hood scoop

ENGINE
    - 1991 Mazda MX-6 2.2L Turbo (unknown km)
    - Front mount intercooler from a diesel truck i believe.
    - K&N cone filter
    - MX-6 Turbo fuel pump
    - Custom made intercooler piping
    - intake shroud/box
    - Stock turbo (12lbs. of boost)
    - custom made 3" turbo back exhaust
    - Turbosmart blowoff valve

FOOTWORK
    - MX-6 Turbo 5 lug conversion
    - MX-6 Turbo brakes
    - MX-6 Drilled brake rotors (cadmium plated so the don't rust)
    - Painted calipers red
    - Eibach lowering springs
    - Tokico blue struts
    - Motegi MR7 wheels 16x7 +35
    - 205/50/r16 Yokohama Prada spec2 tires

ELECTRONICS
    -Chipped ECU
    - Autometer Phantom boost gauge
    - Autometer Phantom AFR gauge
    - unknown brand water temp. gauge.
    - JVC CD deck with USB and AUX ports
    - Alpine speakers

- 2.2L Mx6 turbo motor swap, Mx6 turbo 5-lug and brakes

Well that's an interesting swap for sure, welcome to CP.
    1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

hey little more info on the 5 lug swap? where in bc are u from. i use to live in the valley

Comment

nice purchase! that's a pretty one-off protege you now own! let's hope you take care of it like the previous owner did
        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

If it has the f2t in it should swap out for a fe3
          Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
          "Who Dey"

Comment

Hey welcome ... were abouts are you in BC ??? I been hoping to gather up enough of us in the Lower Mainland who have 323's and Protege BG's. Maybe have a gathering somewhere . I have my 93 GT Protege DD and the 323 build going on.
            You ride looks nice and clean . would like to see it in person one day .
            Last edited by 323Permin; 04-07-2010, 09:04 PM.

Comment

it's nice to see another b.c. guy in c.p. thats a really nice protege . welcome.

Comment

thanks guys....i live in chilliwack. in the fraser valley, about 1.5 hours east of vancouver.

as for the 5 lug swap, i dont know alot about it, but it looks like it was a pretty direct swap...no brackets or anything seem to have been made.

Comment

We need you to snap as many pics(front and rear) of the 5 lug stuff. Mainly where the struts bolt to the knuckles,spindle to balljoints,ect ect. I was told a while ago that the turbo f2t stuff was pretty much a direct bolt on but you may have the truth . Car looks great BTW.
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

But what about axles guys?
                    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                    "Who Dey"

Comment

if you use the f2t knuckles and struts the axles should be a direct swap.
                      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Hey M_Jackson ....Curious what muffler is that on the car ?? ... I need to find one for my New DD ...

Any chance you can tell me what brand / model ? If you know . Thanks

Comment

Don't be telling them where you live, they are goin to steal it, LOL.

That is one clean car, how much you paid for it?

I have never seen that 2.2 swap, looks the previous owner took good care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 323Permin View Post
                            Hey M_Jackson ....Curious what muffler is that on the car ?? ... I need to find one for my New DD ...

Any chance you can tell me what brand / model ? If you know . Thanks
                            I took a look at the muffler today, and on the tips its says "Ractive". I know its a cheap brand muffler that you can purchase at stores like Canadian tire and Lordco etc. for us Canadians....its has a pretty nice sound for the price, no raspy garbage noises at high rpm. And i nice deep sound at idle. It doesn't seem to "drone" to bad for daily driving either.

And as for pics of the hubs/axles, ill have pics up early next week for you all.

Comment

Originally posted by m_jackson View Post
                              I took a look at the muffler today, and on the tips its says "Ractive". I know its a cheap brand muffler that you can purchase at stores like Canadian tire and Lordco etc. for us Canadians....its has a pretty nice sound for the price, no raspy garbage noises at high rpm. And i nice deep sound at idle. It doesn't seem to "drone" to bad for daily driving either.

And as for pics of the hubs/axles, ill have pics up early next week for you all.
                              remember to post them it will help alot of people out especially me
                              MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A RACING PROBLEM

Comment

Working...
                              X