It's a sad day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a sad day

Well my best friend who's got a sexy Mazda3 got in a wreck today..
    Not too sure whats going to happen yet.
    Before-

After-
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

from that view, it doesn't look too bad

Comment

we know it busted the oil pan and possible other damage.
      getting an estimate tomorrow.
      -Steve

VF10 powered!
      262 Whp & 257 Wtq
      13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

please tell me 'wreck' doesn't mean street racing stupid crash... what about the other vehicle if there are any?

it looks ok, possibly replace the front rad support/bumper/engine and call it a day.

hows the front drivers suspension?
        1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
        Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
        "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Originally posted by worldhazard View Post
          please tell me 'wreck' doesn't mean street racing stupid crash... what about the other vehicle if there are any?

it looks ok, possibly replace the front rad support/bumper/engine and call it a day.

hows the front drivers suspension?
          no racing. just took a corner a bit too fast. well it wouldn't be too fast except theres a hump and it threw the car up and lost traction..
          no other vehicles..
          and He said the radiator and reservoir is def busted too.
          -Steve

VF10 powered!
          262 Whp & 257 Wtq
          13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

He's ok and that's what matters most. Hopefully he can get the car fixed. Like mx3 said, it doesn't "look" bad.
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

It does not look too bad, but you mention about the broken oil pan which is a no no for the crank and then its another story.

At least he stayed clear of any light posts or big trees.

Comment

Originally posted by psiturbo View Post
                It does not look too bad, but you mention about the broken oil pan which is a no no for the crank and then its another story.

At least he stayed clear of any light posts or big trees.
                Yeah, he missed a 3'x3' light pole by inches. Got really lucky. And as of today there is a possibility that the frame was bent, in which case the car will get totaled. Insurance would pay 13-15k.
                Question - If they total it is he allowed to remove the stereo and other modifications that are aftermarket?
                -Steve

VF10 powered!
                262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

****ty dude, tell him I said I'm glad he's OK.

For it to total out the repairs would have to beat 75% of the value.
                  Car like that will be valued at 9-14K (idk the milage hance the big range) I am fairly sure the repairs won't go over 6-7K and that's white glove better than new work.

On the note one remoing stuff, it really comes down to the insurance/agency. Most will let you if it won't drop the value to much at auction. So unless he's pulling of the bumper you will be fine.

If they total it and he doesn't want it let me know how much the buyback cost is. I wouldn't mind a nicer daily
                  "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                  -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                  *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                  172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                  New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Looks like the electric P/S pump took a whack too !
                    Ouch