b6t gtx problems :@(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

b6t gtx problems :@(

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and I was sent here by ALIAN3t of mocc forum in hopes that you guys would know more about my 323.
    I have 2 1988 mazda 323 gtx's one of which is a parts car and the other which is my daily. I bought these cars a year ago to restore and I just got the nice one together and now motor problems. The car has only 88k origanal miles, and dispite my best efforts continues to have oil problems. The valve train is loud as hell, and it seems like every inch of the motor is just dry. It has new oil pump,which I changed 3 times thinking it was faulty, new oil,I tryed all different weights, new oil filter and lines. The motor runs fine and doesn't smoke(although loading up under boost I think due to knock sensor thinking its detonating cuz the motor is so clanky,with the ocasional loud rod knock sound,but only somtimes.has brand new 91 oct. Shell gas and timing is dead on,both valve timing and spark.). At idle the oil press light comes on so I. Stoped driving it. I have no idea what's the problem. My parts 323 has a bad motor so I can't use that.(preveous owner didn't tighten rod cap and blew a rod through the block). Parts are hard as hell to find and my local mazda dealer said the car doesn't exist ha so I have no clue what to do. I am only 20 and on a strict budget but any ideas would be appriceated.the car is stock minus a full 3in turbo back and air filter. Never overboosted, never driven hard. If anything does anyone know where to get a b6t long block? Or bpt? Thanks guys

Does the car use/lose oil at all? Has it had this problem as long as you've had it or is it a new issue?

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
    1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
    1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
    1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
    1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

The car doesn't burn oil or loose oil. About a week ago I was driving the car with my friend and he noticed the oil light came on at idle so I shut the car off and figured it was the oil pump but I guess not. The car always ran at half temp, and since the new pump it never goes over quarter, is it possable I was getting a false reading the whole time and it actually was running hot and possably cooked somthing? Ever since the new pump all typed of new noises appeared..

Comment

Man ive been comntemplating calling you as i saw your add on cl.org selling them. I am in dire need of body parts from a GTX.

Comment

Blocks aren't terribly hard to find, Miata B6 is the same, the Capri is a little closer, GTX has stronger rod's you'll want to keep them
          1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
          1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
          www.werbatfik.com

Comment

I'm probably going to have to buy a whole new longblock because I have no idea what all is screwed up.does anyone know where to find a b6t?

Comment

Junk yards have them sometimes... look for capri xr2's they are the most common B6T powered car. Some engine importers bring them in.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
              1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
              1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
              1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
              1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Okay,thank you guys for your help! I will keep you guys psted on if I can salvage this motor or not.

Comment

so i started my 323 this morning and the car itself runs and drives fine. the noise im hearing seems to be really consistent and then suddenly goes away and comes back again.. and every time the noise is made at idle the oil press light blinks with the clicking, and it is a loud clanking! but arround 1500 rpm it just subsides..the motor itself seems to be really smooth so it must be something not vital..at least i hope. so i pulled my oil pump again and as i turn it by hand it is easy, then hard then easy then hard. is the oil pump suppose to have consistent resistance? if so it it possible to have an oil pump make the loudest damn clanking noise ever? if i new how to post a video i would show you guys!

Comment

Just thought of somthing..I know the motor has been rebuilt, is it possable the last owner put the sohc head gasket on therefor starving the head of oil? Geez so many things I don't know..

Comment

maybe the rod bearings are bad?
                      festiva #1 stock daily 63 whp FTW

festiva #2 bp+t, sink trap style turbo setup, g series trans, thunderturd 60 trim, 550cc's, s-afc, rx7 vaf, 38mm external wastegate, fmic, etc.... let me know how the taillights look

Comment

Has new main bearings I thought this my self, none are spun or bad. Ahh so frustrating. It runs so good but the noises its making are so tragic and I can't pin point what it is.as for now its gonna have to sit untill I can get a new long block I guess.

Comment

And new rod bearings

Comment

Working...
                          X