Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new Daily Driver 1993 Protege GT ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new Daily Driver 1993 Protege GT ....

Well for some of those who saw the FS thread for this 1993 Canadian 25th anniversary GT Protege amonth ago .... I bought it up .

I have been slowly working on it to make it the Daily Driver so I can take the 323 and prep it for the BP and 5 spd swap ... along with along of other upgrades to make it race ready . ( I am hoping for the summer )

But The new DD will not be on the road right away ... Have to replace the water pump . I already had to replace one rear caliper .. Its going to need a J- down pipe and hope fully thats it .

The previous owner got hosed by a dealer and dumped a crap load of $$ ( $4000.00 + ) into it before they sold it . Lotto win for me !!!!!

Its got all new front brakes , all new struts, timing belt was done , new distributor, coil ignitor , and a full tune up and oil change . Came with good sport radials 60% , and a set of snowies .

I purchased a rear and front strut bar and have a lower rear tie bar on the way for the suspension . I have cleaned up the engine bay .... and thats it so far . As you will see I dont have to touch the interior .. its mint !!! Check out the trunk . Its like it was when it rolled off the dealer lot .

I will be doing a full paint detailing once I have it ready for insurance .

Its going to be a nice driver ... maybe to nice for the winter ... Hmmmm

lucky guy I really wanted that car... enjoy it man..

Comment

That car is mint. Congrats
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

i really don't like you anymore that car is absolutely gorgeous! nice to see they added the oem strut braces too, the rear one is super hard to find too.
        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

That's a great find - enjoy it! Winters are nice and easy here so you don't have to worry much about that.

Interesting that the water pump wasn't done at the same time as the timing belt.

Comment

Oh forgot to mention ... only paid $1900 for it :0) ... sorry Mazda_Powered.

Comment

Super score, even the trunk is super clean and no rust at all.

$1,900.00 is very good.

Comment

Congratulations! Very clean and well-groomed car! Just add 'mazda' title on the rear mudflaps, and that's enough!
                And what about slim spare wheel - is this stock packaging arrangement or just feature of previos owner?
                sigpic
                1990 323s BG 1.6i

Comment

congrat car look in super shape!! wont find those car on the east coast
                  2012 Kia rio
                  2009 Nissan Frontier
                  1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

Have been working on the DD abit .. Had a new 2 1/4 " exhaust installed .. twin tip muffler .. Looks and sounds great .

Also had some time to install the clear Euro Headlights with clear corners this weekend .

Comment

Lights look good, but I think you should have gone JDM or EDM with that...IMO.
                      Lookin' to boost my BP. Any help at all on this subject would be benificial to my success.

Comment

Ya I know what you are saying .

I like the headlights . But I am not sold on the clear corners .... I think with a set of JDM corners that it would be better .

But the light these throw are so much better !!! that stock USDM lights !

Comment

put tokico and eibach on it, WISH i have them myself
                          swapping into another shell!

Comment

I was and still am tempted to lower it abit .... but it is my DD . I want to have a comfortable ride . My other ride " 323 " can ride like a go cart :0)

Comment

your interior is klean! what are u going to do with rims? tinting? any mods?
                              Last edited by bp_turbo'd; 06-07-2010, 01:46 AM.
                              swapping into another shell!

Comment

Working...
                              X