Junkyard Wishlist (BF specific)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junkyard Wishlist (BF specific)

It's that time of year again.... Weather's getting better. Most of us will be heading to the junkyard more often to scope out parts for our rides....

I want to start a thread where members can feel free to post items that they are interested in getting from the junkyard. This way, at least we can make a list of desired parts before they go to the final resting spot in the sky. The trick is posting the highly desired items that we as BF owners know they'll probably come in handy and we want to save them and make them available. Keep in mind that some of the items might be difficult to transport or ship to other members, but hey, some items are worth scavenging and worrying about that later.

So, I guess I'll start. I seem to recall that the Isuzu I-Mark RS bumper is a pretty sought-out item. I know that when I go to the yard, I'll be looking one of those. GTX seats (in good condition), center consoles (a real rarity)... anything else? Feel free to post one time items that you may want. Never hurts. I know (maybe) looking for the throttle cable/cruise control actuator from a Capri to avoid issues with boost when completing the install of cruise control on my car. I may luck out and not need it, but it never hurts to save that item along with other cruise control parts. Good instrument clusters... What else?

Larry

Nice idea you've got here. I don't have a BF myself (as you can see in my sig), but I would be willing to chip in if I can. I'm on the opposite coast from you, so that might make it easier to get stuff to members closer to me. I don't make it to a junkyard often, but I know of a few near my old house; I can always pop by on the weekends and check. There's one or two near my new place as well. So, if anyone's having a bitch of a time finding something I can do some digging on my end, see what I can come up with.
    1995 626: daily beater, mostly stock. Future NASA racer?

Next up: Speed6 or RX-8

Comment

Although hard to find I would like to score a complete stock turbo kit from a Supra ( I did once and scored a chunk of money when selling it), Starion and an Eclipse. Anything on that ballpark is good cash when resold on EBAY.

Everytime I go to the junkyard I am one day behind when spotting a Conquest or a Eclipse. Even Volvo turbos resell very well, and of course RX7 Turbo II which fit nicely on a jean pocket LOL, its like free money.

Seriously, a RX7 II AFM as spare would not be bad to have and MX3 seats, IN good condition.
      Last edited by psiturbo; 04-25-2010, 08:06 PM. Reason: Luke I am your father

Comment

Originally posted by psiturbo View Post
        Although hard to find I would like to score a complete stock turbo kit from a Supra ( I did once and scored a chunk of money when selling it), Starion and an Eclipse. Anything on that ballpark is good cash when resold on EBAY.

Everytime I go to the junkyard I am one day behind when spotting a Conquest or a Eclipse. Even Volvo turbos resell very well, and of course RX7 Turbo II which fit nicely on a jean pocket LOL, its like free money.

Seriously, a RX7 II AFM as spare would not be bad to have and MX3 seats, IN good condition.
        Well, I don't think I'll be dashing right over to the junkyard to find a turbo set-up so that you can make money...

But, an AFM or MX-3 seats are not out of the question. RX-7 II? Is that 86-89?

Comment

323 GT Rear disk break set up would be a good one imo. I know that's next on my list of things to do. Maybe swap related motor mounts and stuff too. B6T, BP Ecu's. 22v EGT front calipers. Anything 323 GT ofcorse. Perhaps rear sway bars for those of you who have a 323 hatch that comes with out the rear sway. I have an extra one if any one needs one. A little rusty but with a little sand blasting and some paint it'll be good as new. That's all I can think of right now.

Comment

I am looking for an 81 toyota pick up vent window, 81 toyota hood latch, pre 2005 toyota 3rds with e-lockers...

Comment

Is this just for bf guys? Its in the bf section that's why I ask. If not I can move it to a more appropriate section
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

3rd gen Camaro spoilers

Egt sunroof

Complete egt rear suspension and brakes

Probe and mx6 intercoolers

That's all I can think of right now.
                12 cbr250r: daily ride
                01 saab 9-3: daily
                98 gsxr 1100: for sale
                93L: money pit/ space waster
                92GL: low and slow beater
                90?: the rust free shell
                89LX: swapping to rust free shell
                89L: for sale
                89L: parts
                87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
                76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Threetwenty3 View Post
                  323 GT Rear disk break set up would be a good one imo. I know that's next on my list of things to do. Maybe swap related motor mounts and stuff too. B6T, BP Ecu's. 22v EGT front calipers. Anything 323 GT ofcorse. Perhaps rear sway bars for those of you who have a 323 hatch that comes with out the rear sway. I have an extra one if any one needs one. A little rusty but with a little sand blasting and some paint it'll be good as new. That's all I can think of right now.
                  As a matter of fact, here in salt lake city, we have a 323 gt at the pull n save junkyard.. unfourtunately for me, it is stripped of the drivetrain but still has a very clean body and all suspension, brakes, interior, and lights etc. basically complete minus a motor, trans, and ecu.
                  Here's my wish list, all i need is a gt diff, and i would be completely content... and maybe another spare head.. i already have a bunch of parts but no diff, so anyone?? if you can find one i can promise you that i will make it worth your while!! Oh, i have a a b6t ecu also. i can pretty much get any body or interior part for a gt, and would trade for a diff... pm me if you need anything for a 323 gt or an egt, i own a parts car egt that is 100% complete as of right now
                  Last edited by 1sick323; 04-27-2010, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                    Is this just for bf guys? Its in the bf section that's why I ask. If not I can move it to a more appropriate section
                    Well, the original intent was for just BF guys. My reasoning is that it tends to get way too busy and confusing if you start making it more generic, sort of gobbledee-goopish) and then people sort of lose intent and motivation. I was thinking that maybe others might want to start one in each section for their specific model. However, what I think works well is if one more thread could be started so that we can all mention what cars/models we notice in the yards close to us and what day/date we saw it.

The idea is for sharing knowledge/information in order to salvage as many good used parts as possible before they are gone forever. How admins might want to organize this sharing and imparting of parts knowledge is up to them, but I thought I'd at least start it for the BF guys (not to be snobbish....).

Comment

Then I'll just leave it here and ninja edit the title
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I wonder if that GT in SLC has a good fuel tank and pump? I'd love to come down there and check it out but 5 hours is too much... And I'm unemployed for the summer, too poor.
                        88 323 GT - 03 Protege5 - 07 Mazda 5

Comment

Well..... school's finally out! I hope to get to the yard this week. I'll walk the all the aisles and let you know what I find. Anything else to add to the list before I go?

Larry

Comment

Working...
                          X