DHD Amp??? good /no good???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DHD Amp??? good /no good???

Has anyone heard of DHD AMPS. I had one of there subs and it was good..beside the loud popping noise when turned off. Anyhow I'm getting a solo baric l7 and I was wondering if I could get another DHD Amp to push it???
    DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

Originally posted by RacerX
    Has anyone heard of DHD AMPS. I had one of there subs and it was good..beside the loud popping noise when turned off. Anyhow I'm getting a solo baric l7 and I was wondering if I could get another DHD Amp to push it???

they aren't the worst of the flea market brands, but they aren't that good. and that loud popping noise was turn off pop, and had nothing to do with the sub it happens when one component in the system turns off before or after another component. how much power do you want, and how much do you want to spend?

Comment

for some reason I dont see a reason to pay the money for an L7, spend less on the L5 and more on a better amp.
      'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
      -Dean
      2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
      18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
      Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
      MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
      Injen CAI - Polished
      Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
      DaveB trim rings
      Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
      Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
      Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
      Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
      Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
      Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
      Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
      Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

yea I thought about getting an l5...I'm not for sure yet...but what I'm looking for is something that will be able to push the sub close or at RMS!!! 650 or 750! So would be looking for a 800 to 850 watt amp. I'm looking to spend no more than 350 on the amp!!!
        DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

Comment

yea I thought about getting an l5...I'm not for sure yet...but what I'm looking for is something that will be able to push the sub close or at RMS!!! 650 or 750! So would be looking for a 800 to 850 watt amp. I'm looking to spend no more than 350 on the amp!!!

lol, for $350 you can get a pretty powerful amp what are your goals for the sub? i've never been very happy with how the kicker subs sound, since they got rid of the round solo's

Comment

I plan to make an overal great souding system. I wanted it to be able to hit hard but yet good! THe sub was going to be molded into the side the trunk and the amp molded into the center space above the spare tire. So tell me this would a RF hx2 power..the one that has a rms of 1000 be better than the solo?
            DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

Comment

I plan to make an overal great souding system. I wanted it to be able to hit hard but yet good! THe sub was going to be molded into the side the trunk and the amp molded into the center space above the spare tire. So tell me this would a RF hx2 power..the one that has a rms of 1000 be better than the solo?

to be honest, i'm not a fan of either

why not mold the sub into one side of the trunk, and the amp on the other? then you'll still have easy access to your spare, and keep all that trunk space

the power HX2 will only get a little louder than a K-series from elemental designs. but for the price of the HX2, depending on where you get it, you could get an A-series, an adire audio brahma, a resonant engineering XXX, an orion H2, etc. any of those subs would work very well off this amp.

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                to be honest, i'm not a fan of either

why not mold the sub into one side of the trunk, and the amp on the other? then you'll still have easy access to your spare, and keep all that trunk space

the power HX2 will only get a little louder than a K-series from elemental designs. but for the price of the HX2, depending on where you get it, you could get an A-series, an adire audio brahma, a resonant engineering XXX, an orion H2, etc. any of those subs would work very well off this amp.

Thanks for the site!!! Ummm I thought about putting the amp on the other side. Thanks alot for help....
                DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

Comment

Thanks for the site!!! Ummm I thought about putting the amp on the other side. Thanks alot for help....

no problem what's your total budget for amp and sub?

Comment

ummm I'm looking around 500. That should get something t that will hit hard enough for me!!!!
                    DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

Comment

ummm I'm looking around 500. That should get something t that will hit hard enough for me!!!!

what size sub are you wanting? do you need wiring calculated into the $500? how about a box? can you or someone you know build one?

Comment

the box will be custom to mold into the side...the wiring is already done from my other setup...and I'm gettin a 12!!!!
                        DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

Comment

the box will be custom to mold into the side...the wiring is already done from my other setup...and I'm gettin a 12!!!!

if you want a 10 that would blow your mind, this H2 is on special for $230.

but you seem pretty dead set on a 12, so i'd go with an HC12 from resonant engineering. www.respl.com they are $259 directly through them. i'd run the HC in 1 cu ft air space for a sealed application.

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                            if you want a 10 that would blow your mind, this H2 is on special for $230.

but you seem pretty dead set on a 12, so i'd go with an HC12 from resonant engineering. www.respl.com they are $259 directly through them. i'd run the HC in 1 cu ft air space for a sealed application.
                            Ok you were saying something about the HC12. From what I know about speakers it looks pretty sweet..but what amp would I run on that?? Since you like to go with these brands that I've never heard before!!! oh yea..when putting the speaker in a box...does it matter if the speaker is facing inward toward the box (magnet outside box) or if it is facing outward (magnet in box)????
                            Last edited by RacerX; 02-01-2004, 03:01 PM.
                            DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

Comment

Ok you were saying something about the HC12. From what I know about speakers it looks pretty sweet..but what amp would I run on that?? Since you like to go with these brands that I've never heard before!!! oh yea..when putting the speaker in a box...does it matter if the speaker is facing inward toward the box (magnet outside box) or if it is facing outward (magnet in box)????

for an amp, that JBL i posted earlier is a sweet choice. that's a rock solid amp with a killer track record for performing flawlessly.

as for mounting the subs, standard or inverted does not really have an effect on the sound. the only thing you have to take into account is the displacement of the sub. i'm guessing that the HC12 takes up .1 cu ft of volume. so for standard mounting you would need 1.1 cu ft of air space. if you invert it you will only need about .9 cu ft. when you invert it you also have to switch the positive and negative speaker wires, OR if the amp has phase shift on it you can flip that switch. if you don't do one of those, the sub will be out of phase with the other speakers when inverted, and the blending point where the regular speaker and subs meet will sound like ass

Comment

Working...
                              X