6x9 subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6x9 subs

So I was doing some thinking today, trying to figure out how I could afford a sub. While I was clearing some stuff out of the closet, I came across the box for my RF 6x9s, and discovered that they are capable of going down to 30hz. Obviously not with a whole lot of power, but enough for everyday listening. So I messed with the crossover on my HU, and set the 6x9s to 120hz and under and the front components to 100hz and over... it sounds so much better! I don't even really need a sub (not yet anyway, it just means I can spend money somewhere else for the moment and buy it later ). I have an equalizer on order that I'm going to hook to the front channel for better control, and I'm set for quite a while.

Of course, it kinda sucks for anyone in the back seat, but really, who gives a ****. I'm in the front seat, that's what matters.

yeah, there are a few companies that have dedicated 6x9" sub/mid-bass drivers with no tweets on them. i was actually very impressed with the blaupunkt DVC 6x9's i have. they have seperate inputs for the bass and mids/highs. basically they have to be amped. they'd be a great rear speaker upgrade for those that don't want subs, except that the tweeter post is way too tall

Comment

Mine fit nicely into the rear deck with no modifications at all. They sound really nice as low bass as long as the volume isn't up too high. I have 80 watts running to each one, and if I have the bass turned up they start to distort around 2/3 volume. But for listening to normal music at a reasonable volume, they work just fine.

Comment

Hate to say this, but this is how it starts...the audio bug that is and before you know it, you will be spending hundreds and even thousands of dollars.
        2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
        KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
        Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
        Groundkit

Comment

Oh, I've already spent plenty of money on it, and I have no intention of keeping my setup this way... I'm just extremely poor right at the moment and so I'm figuring out any way I can to get my system closer to how I want it without spending money. Last night I dismantled my HU so I could spraypaint the face black because I can't afford a new one. The audio bug bit long ago, I just never had a car worth putting a nice system into, so all my toys are in the house.
          Last edited by jnorion; 01-30-2004, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X