Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KIA transaxle installation

Yes the time has come..

Day one ended well with the basics out of the way. I'm taking photos as I go for anyone who hasn't done this before. This will be my 3rd trans swap on this car so I would hope I don't forget anything important.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______
    DAY 1

The car:

A few shots of how I modified the shifter:

Last edited by cis2711; 05-16-2010, 08:37 AM.

photos

Okay back to the tear down:

Comment

I got a lot more done today...it's just I keep trying to post the photos and I hit an icon on my favorites toolbar and go to a diff page and lose everything I paste in the reply...mother FU**ER. I will finish this in good time I'm too tired and impatient to do it at 1:49a..

hmm here's one more...sneek peek:

Last edited by cis2711; 05-16-2010, 12:57 AM.

Comment

i see some nice parts...keep it up.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

car looks sharp, i like it
          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I hope you took the whole engine and trans out. So much easier in the end.
            Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
            "Who Dey"

Comment

Nope I didn't. The trans is out now and I don't have time to post photos right now. I will make this thread complete later; I'm on a deadline. I have a question though, there seems to be some oil leaking from the oil pan right under the rear main seal. I've replaced the rear main seal once already so it shouldn't be the culprit...I fear the oil pan seal need to be replaced. I have in my posession the front and rear seals that are rubber..they are from mazda. I don't know what type of RTV to use though. I understand that the oil pan gasket material is "special" and cheap stuff won't last very long. Now the old clutch itself doesn't appear to be contaminated by the oil that is leaking. In fact the only reason I know there is oil leaking back there is because of the film of grime that is all over the bellhousing. The flywheel and clutch kit were spotless..no oil at all. My question is should I be concerned with this that it may contaminate the new clutch kit?

Comment

you should fix it just because it leaks

Comment

I agree. Going to the shop in town tomorrow after work to get the flywheel resurfaced then going to buy some RTV and high tac spray silicone. I'll have the photos up asap.

Comment

Working...
                  X