Is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this normal?

So i finally got my drilled/slotted rotors in for my apri rear disc swap and uh.. well.. somethings weird.

Although theyre opposite directions which is great, they're not exactly the same. Before i send them back is it possible they look different from side to side?

Sumthin ain't right. Are the centerbores the same? One of the left looks smaller..The cutouts on one side don't matter much but if any dimensions are at all different, it's time to return that lot and have 'em try again!
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

The one on the right does seem a tad larger in diameter. Also, why is there material missing from the hat on that one? And is it just me, or are there some weird machining marks on the outer edge at around the 10 and 3 positions? Check the widths of the rotors, too. Something about those doesn't seem quite right. Where'd you get them from?
      1995 626: daily beater, mostly stock. Future NASA racer?

Next up: Speed6 or RX-8

Comment

Ebbbaay! I'm gonna call em on Monday.. weird thing was the boxes had the same part numbers on them.

Comment

Sometimes the wrong part gets put in the box. I've seen it happen all too often, even at a dealership. These things happen, I suppose. I just hope they work with you to square things up. Keep an eye on the rotors once you get them installed, too. I've seen quite a few of the non 'name brand' drilled rotors crack around the holes after a while. I'm sure even Brembos will after a fashion, but some tend to do it sooner than others.
          1995 626: daily beater, mostly stock. Future NASA racer?

Next up: Speed6 or RX-8

Comment

Working...
          X