trouble starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trouble starting

hey yesterday i was leaving the video store and when i tried to start the car twice it made a sound like when you turn the key over after its already running.. but the car wasn't running.. after that it finally turned over ... any ideas what caused that?
    In the Garage
    Black 93 MX-3 GS
    Bp powered
    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

maybe you held the key to long
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Well I would suggest, if it feels like your car is barely starting.. it may be the alternator. I had probs wit da car starting and we thought it was da battery but the battery was fine so i took it to autozone and they ran da diagnostic on it and sure enough it was da alternator. After it was installed, it started up real fast.
      Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

I have a spare one that I am going to instlall in my car also ...
        it is something to look at ...
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

trouble starting

I think I have the same problem ... there is a slight hesitation on the initial turnover, however it doesn't happen all the time. If not the alternator, what else could it be?

Comment

when i had that my compressor blew and my power steering belt broke, and i had an electrical fire the next day. so be carful
            Automatic Racer

Comment

if it isn't your battery, check your starter motor
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

By your description it sounds like your starter. It sounds like the bendix may not be deploying 100% of the time and thus not engaging with the flywheel. Do you hear what sounds like a whirring noise or more of a rapid clicking?
                '98 ES - For Sale!

Comment

Working...
                X