Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few things that might not be good for your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few things that might not be good for your car?

1. Coming to a stop in neutral while revving your engine.

What kind of damage does it do?

2. Burning out.

What is the proper way of doing it.

3. revving the engine

does it cause damage?

just curious

nah, what you can do thats really fun, is get in an automatic, put the car in N and rev it up to about 5 grand and drop it in to low gear....that hurts, the things you have listed are how i warm my car up in this 0 degree weather
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

lmfao, so none of that stuff is really going to hurt it?

so you spin out to warm up your car huh? lol
      i know the clutch isnt good to do it, but you know 180k SOHC engine isnt going to do it just from h9itting the gas, unless i really tried...hmm...*grabs the keys*

Comment

lol, yeah i drive in st. louis, land of old people in beemers, have to have warm tires to cut em off properly.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

lmfao.

well, whatas trhe "proper" way to do a burnout?

Comment

i guess you'll find out when you turn 16 in 2 years....

this is a stupid thread. most of these questions can be answered by general driving experience. why are you reving the engine? ricers rev. and burnouts...? the proper burnout is done on tires you dont care about.

there are 2 things you can do to damage a car: let it sit, or drive it. Everything damages an engine ot an extent.
            Last edited by Protoss; 01-30-2004, 04:28 PM.
            When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
            Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
            Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
            So his engine he goosed
            With much too much boost,
            And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

There's no such thing as a stupid thread, just stupid people that start threads.

"Mazderati"
              91 LX DOHC 5 speed V8 stocker
              Pioneer DEH-550MP, Infinity 6002i's, Pioneer 6x9s
              Uniden PC76XL w/ Astatic Road Devil & 5' Wilson Silverload

1982 Jeep Wagoneer Brougham
              AMC 360 V8, 4-speed, 4x4

Comment

you'll think burnouts are "real cool" when you go through a tranny. Plus a soch (and even the dohc) protege with 70% of the weight on its front tires and 85-125hp isn't going to do a spectacular burnout anyway.

90 Mazda Protege LX 5-Speed (currently 4 sale)
                -Mods...who care's anymore?DOHC anyone

Comment

Originally posted by NoFear
                  you'll think burnouts are "real cool" when you go through a tranny. Plus a soch (and even the dohc) protege with 70% of the weight on its front tires and 85-125hp isn't going to do a spectacular burnout anyway.

ive done 112ft burnout (not stright line of coarse) in my sohc but once you hit winter and you have no money to buy new tires you learn real quick its a bad idea, since its your mommys car i would think she would foot the bill of a new set of tires if you smoked them off, maybe you should price some tires and the cost to mount/balence them before you go burning out everywhere.

plus it puts excessive wear on drivetrain parts, like axels and tranny, those are never cheap in any car

take it from us kid, burnouts ARE NOT COOL,especially in your mommys car
                  Last edited by Semtex; 01-30-2004, 08:54 PM.
                  No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

haha. ok.

There's no such thing as a stupid thread, just stupid people that start threads.
                    and boston, i am not stupid, im inexperienced.

this is a stupid thread. most of these questions can be answered by general driving experience. why are you reving the engine? ricers rev. and burnouts...?
                    i dont appreciate that man.
                    The thing about it is, I dont HAVE general driving experience.
                    Think about it, what were you like when you were 14. and yes, some kid who isnt legally able to drive IS going to act like a ricer..

good idea. yes, the burnout sucked. I did it twice, just to get the feeling.

ive done 112ft burnout (not stright line of coarse) in my sohc but once you hit winter and you have no money buy new tires you learn real quick its a bad idea

take it from us kid, burnouts ARE NOT COOL,especially in your mommys car
                    ya, i know. The tires only have 5/32 tread on them anyways, and one is a mismatch. The tires are being replaced this month. That is why she/I was not too worried about it.

I hope this clears some of this **** up.

Comment

meh, nuetral drops killed my tranny a few months after i started driving the protege.. learned real quick and 45k later, it looks like my trans may have taken the final **** on me.. lord knows.
                      peace

Comment

i decided not to do ne of that nemore...it was fun while it lasted lol...

at least i wont do it until i have another car lined up lmao

Comment

Originally posted by protegechris
                          haha. ok.
                          and boston, i am not stupid, im inexperienced. i dont appreciate that man.
                          The thing about it is, I dont HAVE general driving experience.
                          Think about it, what were you like when you were 14. and yes, some kid who isnt legally able to drive IS going to act like a ricer..
                          ok you have class i'll give you that.

here is the thing. your in experience in driving realy shows in some of your posts. i started driving when i was 14, (Alberta) i was a junior dragster when i was 12. so for arguments sake i have had in excess of 9 years of driving experience. burnouts are definatly for people who either have too much money, or are young. experienced youths are cool, and rare. but you have to realize you are running with a bunch of guys who are a generation ahead of you and some forum members are old enough to be your father (Starwars quotes come flooding back)

if you want particullars, then yes ask, but be carful of how you ask, most people know you are not old enough to own a car, and will respond differently to your question.
                          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                          So his engine he goosed
                          With much too much boost,
                          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

thanks man.

Comment

maybe i should change my Status to Before you are old and wise you have to be youngh and stupid again .....

*heads to user control panel*

Comment

Working...
                              X