MX3 V6 radiator issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX3 V6 radiator issue

Hey guys, didn't feel like joining an MX3 specific forum for one quick question, sooo....

The parts car has a leak from the housing that holds the radiator pressure cap. There's a ring seal that goes in that housing, (i guess the housing is two pieces.) and it seems to be bad.

Does anyone either 1) have a spare, or 2) know where i can get just that ring seal?

Here's a thread with more details if anyone cares to help.

Thanks in advance!

Bumpage.

I'm leaving on the 11th to go pick this thing up, and it's gotta make a LONG drive back.

Comment

the seal should come with a radiator cap if its the one I'm thinking about
      -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
      VF10 powered!
      262 Whp & 257 Wtq
      13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

It's not the seal that's right up with the radiator cap. Seems the housing that comes off the radiator is a separate part. It's the seal that goes between the housing and the radiator neck i guess?

If that comes with the radiator cap, that would be awesome. So there would be the cap, and then another seal that comes with it?

Comment

the pressurized cap on the housing by block is leaking? And i'm not too sure whats leaking, picture?
          -Steve

VF10 powered!
          262 Whp & 257 Wtq
          13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

See how the radiator cap is on a housing separate from the radiator? It's the housing seal, not the cap itself. The link in the first post may explain it better...

Comment

hmm. like someone in there said, if its just an o ring go to a harware or plumbing store and see what you can get. if not then maybe some waterpump sealant RTV
              -Steve

VF10 powered!
              262 Whp & 257 Wtq
              13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

I'm thinking about just putting some rubber around it and cranking a t-bar clamp on it.

I'm only going to drive this thing once.

Comment

if its once (read to get home), JB weld will hold it for a short trip, but I would not use it on a daily basis.

But then it will have to be replaced for a proper fix.
                  The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323 View Post
                    if its once (read to get home), JB weld will hold it for a short trip, but I would not use it on a daily basis.

But then it will have to be replaced for a proper fix.
                    It's not really a short trip... Probably a good 6-7 hour drive.

Comment

JB weld with 1 - 2 hose clamps should hold just fine. If the cooling system is in good shape that part only needs to hold 14 - 16 psi. Take a look at this thread last post . Apparently silicone, 2 nuts and bolts and 2 muffler clamps have been successful in holding that piece together for over 2 years!

If I score a working piece at a salvage yard I’ll let you know. $2 plus shipping for peace of mind on your drive.

Comment

mazda is the only place ive got it before. its like $6 bux. only took them 2 days to get it also.
                        ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                        ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                        What are you driving?

Comment

Working...
                        X