My Full Build Progress FINALLY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Full Build Progress FINALLY!

I got some things a wihle ago but ive been working on doing this for about 2 years now and i owe alot to BPT323 for all the head port work,intake manifold porting and just being a great friend and help with information when needed threw out the years!

6-3-10:
    got the car off the blocks and down on the ground after 2 years of not so nice ness

6-4-10:
    did some slight repairs to rust since that was starting to take over after sitting.....

The Build:
    • Wisco 9:1 Ceramic top/molly skirt pistons
    • M-Tuned H beams w/arp studs
    • ACL Race bearings
    • Arp main studs
    • Arp Head studs
    • Full Port and polished head(thanks to bpt323)
    • Somender Grooves
    • Corksport +1mm Stainless Oversize valves
    • 460cc Rx7 Injectors
    • rx7 Vaf
    • Vj-20/vf-10 with a larger 19T wheel (so it ruffly was measured out to be a .60 trim) hybrid
    • Gtx Exhaust manifold with 38mm External wastegate
    • Eclipse 2nd gen crushed BOV
    • front mount ic
    • 3"full exhaust w/QLP Electronic Cutout
    • greddy profec-b spec2
    • AEM Urgo wideband
    • Wire tuck of the fusebox and some of the main harness
    • walbro255 fuel pump

way more coming but all i could think of right now and i will have pics of all this soon here i have pics of my head block and crank i will post later tonight!

i hope to be running E-85 at 20psi with megasquirt sometime soon but not sure when so this could be quite interesting soon

i have a few pictures as of now and will continue to upload more as the come and work progresses!

any questions on anything let em fly?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by madtownmazda; 06-23-2010, 05:48 PM.
    My baby 93' Protege Lx--R.I.P
    New Baby 94' Protege Lx Black
    91' Miata - SOLD
    93' Protege LX new Project (no rust)!
    Mods: Protege:
    Engine: Fully built with wiseco 9:1 +1mm ceramic coated tops and molly skirts, M-tuned H beams, ACL Race rod and thrust bearings with King Mains, Arp Mains ,rod and head studs,3 lbs lightend crank, Everything is ballanced, spec stage 3 clutch,lightend flywheel, RX7 Afm, Fidanza Adj. cam gears, timing,Cut intake manifold from BPT323, exintake cam swap,full port and polished head 1mm stainless oversize valves, vf12/vj20Turbo, 3" custom full exhaust w/external wastegate,3" E-Cut, Eclipse crushed BOV , Fmic, Aem Urgo wideband, Autometer boost gauge, Magnaflo Muffler,batt relocated to trunk, slight wire tuck with engine bay fuse box under dash Bp26 ecu
    Suspension: Energy Suspension rear trailing arms,Es Front Sway bar endlinks,Zx2 Front Sway Bar,El Sport w/bilstein mono tube struts and don't know what springs, Suspension Tequniques Rear Sway bar with Es endlinks,mx3 rear lower tie bar. corksport SS brakelines and clutch line.
    Exterior: Adler Racing 16"s ,Mx6 Front lip,EGT Glass Sunroof,Edm Headlight & corners EGT side skirts,Gt Led wing, Led interior 3rd brake light
    Audio: few things polk momo 6.5 components, VW Monsoon Front Componants with monsoon amp,alpine head unit
    sigpic

oh and all the horse damage is getting fixed! don't worry it looks ruff now but in the end i think you'll be surprized :O
    91' Miata - SOLD
    Engine: Fully built with wiseco 9:1 +1mm ceramic coated tops and molly skirts, M-tuned H beams, ACL Race rod and thrust bearings with King Mains, Arp Mains ,rod and head studs,3 lbs lightend crank, Everything is ballanced, spec stage 3 clutch,lightend flywheel, RX7 Afm, Fidanza Adj. cam gears, timing,Cut intake manifold from BPT323, exintake cam swap,full port and polished head 1mm stainless oversize valves, vf12/vj20Turbo, 3" custom full exhaust w/external wastegate,3" E-Cut, Eclipse crushed BOV , Fmic, Aem Urgo wideband, Autometer boost gauge, Magnaflo Muffler,batt relocated to trunk, slight wire tuck with engine bay fuse box under dash Bp26 ecu
    Suspension: Energy Suspension rear trailing arms,Es Front Sway bar endlinks,Zx2 Front Sway Bar,El Sport w/bilstein mono tube struts and don't know what springs, Suspension Tequniques Rear Sway bar with Es endlinks,mx3 rear lower tie bar. corksport SS brakelines and clutch line.
    Exterior: Adler Racing 16"s ,Mx6 Front lip,EGT Glass Sunroof,Edm Headlight & corners EGT side skirts,Gt Led wing, Led interior 3rd brake light
    Audio: few things polk momo 6.5 components, VW Monsoon Front Componants with monsoon amp,alpine head unit
    sigpic

Comment

Do me a favor and hit enter after each IMG tag, scrolling left/right is annoying. Hope to see another beast on the streets soon, keep up the steady work!

1993 Mazda Familia GTR - work log

Comment

i know it was late and was in a hurry and didn't realize the size was that big the pics were taken off a cell phone haha but thanks man soon it will be just wish i still had more pics of before sincei had TONS but then someone had to steal the camera http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/imag...cussing.gifbut ill be sure to take more pics and not loose em and size em down hella :p
        91' Miata - SOLD
        sigpic

Comment

that hood was sabotage by ninjas!!!

Comment

horse ninja's haha those bastards now i need a new hood
            Last edited by madtownmazda; 06-07-2010, 03:01 PM.
            91' Miata - SOLD
            sigpic

Comment

ya pics are a bit hard to look at lol, glad you're back at it tho
              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

thanks man i have more pics but there on my buddys camera since i only have my mac but ill do my best to get some more pics
                91' Miata - SOLD
                sigpic

Comment

Holy cow Stevo finally back at her! I really wanna know how that hotside works out!
                  1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
                  Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
                  R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

Comment

Picking up the motor......

Free bump, we picked up the assembled motor today from the machine shop....

Pics as follows:
                    Attached Files
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

3 pictures from before assembly

just 3 more pictures
                      Attached Files
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

where'd you have the machine work done at?

--sarge

Comment

Very nice. I can't say I would do Sigh(?) grooves though. This is gonna be a Flyrtle right?
                          -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                          VF10 powered!
                          262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                          13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Going to paint that block?
                            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

sarge- JRC enterprises
                              ace- they help- the last head showed good results & burn patterns
                              turpro- ep. thinking por-15 maybe

Comment

Working...
                              X