Parts interchange database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts interchange database

This will serve as a reference guide for people trying to source parts for their GTRs in North America. It can be a challenge, so here's what I (and help from a few others) have come up with.

Brake Pads

Rears: Series 4 (1986–1988) RX-7 pads. Fronts are different.

Rotors
    2002-2008 Mazda 6 USDM spec rotors are a direct swap.
    I *suspect* either the 626 or 929 5-stud rotors would also work, I will try to confirm this.

Calipers
    OEM rebuild kit from 1993-1996 MX-6/626/Probe

Bolt-on OEM front brake upgrade
    You can upgrade your front rotors + calipers to Mazda Millenia or MPV hardware with a very slight grinding of the (forged) knuckle for clearance of the rotor, everything else aligns and bolts on as usual. Still fits in the stock 15" GTR rims.

Compatible models:
    MAZDA MILLENIA (1995 - 2000)
    MAZDA MILLENIA L (1996 - 1997)
    MAZDA MILLENIA S (1995 - 1998)
    MAZDA MPV (2000 - 2004)
    MAZDA MPV ES (2002 - 2006)
    MAZDA MPV LX (2002 - 2006)
    MAZDA MPV LX-SV 2006

Have some pics to go with it:

Wheel Bearings
    OEM Part# GA2A33047, 1993-1996 MX-6/626/Probe

Front axles
    Any AWD BG Mazda using a BP engine

Rear axles
    GTR/GTX/4WD use the same axles. I suspect the 1.8 Miata rear axles would also work, unconfirmed.

Flywheel
    The BP turbos use a heavier flywheel, thus the clutch is also different. Fidanza sells lightweight flywheels that'll make clutch options much more numerous.

Clutch
    Use the 93-96 MX-6/626/Probe GT pressure plate & throwout bearing & clutch (if staying OEM). Otherwise, ACT makes stronger clutches for BP engines, but it'll require the use of a normal BP flywheel as opposed to the turbo BP flywheel.

Seals
    BPT/GTR gearbox front input shaft seal = 2nd gen RX-7 turbo
    Front halfshaft seals, Mazda part# T00527238A
    Last edited by Crazy Drummer69; 01-02-2013, 09:04 PM.

1993 Mazda Familia GTR - work log

Sweeeeeeeet! This is exactly the type of thing I need. Thanks! I'll be sure to add to it if and when I find parts that work on these beasts.

Comment

Front pads aren't just different, they're dern near impossible to find. Call Porterfield and ask them to make you a set based on the dead pad I sent 'em. I told them most sternly not to lose that pattern...
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Can anyone confirm that any BG (with a bp engine) axles will work? or will I have to go with axles specifically from a 4wd protege? Thanks!

Comment

Front left axle is 4wd specific. And of course the rear ones.
          1990 Protege 4WD
          GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
          ├┼┤
          2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Damn, I wish I had read that reply earlier, my mechanic just found out the hard way that the one axle works but the other won't. I would think that a 4WD Protege axle should work, right?

Comment

Yes it should.
              1990 Protege 4WD
              GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
              ├┼┤
              2 4 R

Comment

The GTR rear axles are definitely not the same as the BF. The splined end is quite a bit larger, to match the larger hole in the GTR hub. I think it's different from the BG GTX as well.
                Jim Chittenden
                NY
                s1elise190@yahoo.com

1988 Mazda 323 GTX

Comment

Oh, the 4wd BG FL axle is also different between MT and AT models.
                  1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                  ├┼┤
                  2 4 R

Comment

GTR halfshafts are the same as BG. My 4wd protege shafts talk to the gtr hubs, front and rear. They indeed are different from the bf stuff though.
                    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

anyone have an interchange for front and rear strut for 323 GTR 1993 ??
                      1/4 mile -------------- 12.5 sec @ 111 Mph
                      323 gt hatchback 1.6 turbo 1988

Comment

i need to replace the 4 strut, and i cant find GTR strut replacement
                        1/4 mile -------------- 12.5 sec @ 111 Mph
                        323 gt hatchback 1.6 turbo 1988

Comment

I've been told the shocks are from a late ‘80s to mid ‘90s 626.

I also have a set of GTR struts (no inserts), springs, and top hats.

You can use BF GTX struts on a GTR by having a machine shop move the bottom mounts a little further apart, and adjust the mounting hole spacing. It's just that the GTR strut mounting arm on the upright is a little wider.

I can also send some other conversion documents if you give me an email address.

Jim
                          Jim Chittenden
                          NY
                          s1elise190@yahoo.com

1988 Mazda 323 GTX

Comment

Hi does anyone know how to get a mazda gtr 2 front wheel drive, my gearbox is broke and it cant be fixed, i have a mazda 1.8 gti gearbox and driveshafts. Some people say i need to change the hubs, others say i need the GTI shafts whilst others say its not possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

the 03-08 mazda6 had three different sized brake set ups. you might want to be a bit more specific. lol
                              ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                              ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                              What are you driving?

Comment

Working...
                              X