I just bought a bunch of stuff!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought a bunch of stuff!!

I just made a purchase for a bunch of stuff for my 2003 Protege5. I got a red top Optima battery to start. The rest I had to order. Unorthodox Racing pulley, 3 3/8" Tach, 2 1/16" voltmeter, 2 1/16" clock, three gauge pods to sit them in, blue LED's for my guage cluster, intake bypass valve for my Injen CAI, and a chrome Mazdaspeed oil cap. I'll post pics of the gauges when I get them installed.
    [

sounds sweet. nice lookin from what i see in the pic in your signature.
    Chris Opito

Comment

Why did you want to get the clock? Does the gauge pod have a holder for the tach as well? Last question, what kind of guages did you order?

Comment

The reason I got the clock was b/c the radio that I have is the Pioneer DEH-850MP and it has about 10 different screen savers but only 1 of them show the time. I ordered the seperate gauge pods instead of the a pillar pod b/c I have 4 switches down my a pillar. I ordered the Auto Meter black z-series.
        [

Comment

Cool, should look pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Oshow01
            sounds sweet. nice lookin from what i see in the pic in your signature.
            Thanks. That's a picture of it before I can get a chance to put my lip kit on from www.onderground-design.com. I should be getting my kit back from the painters next week. Can't wait to put it on.
            [

Comment

i heard that intake bypass makes u lose hp
              i is dumb

Comment

Well I had to get it b/c the road that I travel on every day floods pretty easy. It was either pay $40 for a bypass valve or a repair bill.
                [

Comment

ah then u made the right choice
                  i is dumb

Comment

ha ha hell ya man that front kit is SAAAAAAWEEEEET
                    Chris Opito

Comment

Well, I finally got some stuff in. I got my Optima battery, Chrome Mazdaspeed Oil cap, water bypass valve, carbon fiber bezel and my blue lights for my cluster.

Attached Files
                      Last edited by customprotege; 02-08-2004, 05:33 PM.
                      [

Comment

couple 'o questions.
                        why'd you get guages and a tach? the p5 has a tach...(sorry, i hate it when people do that ****).

and unless your intake is submerged in water, there isn't a need for a bypass valve...so you could have saved your $$ and your loss of hp. i have and injen, and it's been wet here for the past few months...no problems yet...and i've yet to hear of someone hydrolocking their protege.
                        2003 Spicy MSP

2003 Mazda Protege5 - traded

2001 Mazda MP3 #1476 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by Topher
                          couple 'o questions.
                          why'd you get guages and a tach? the p5 has a tach...(sorry, i hate it when people do that ****).

and unless your intake is submerged in water, there isn't a need for a bypass valve...so you could have saved your $$ and your loss of hp. i have and injen, and it's been wet here for the past few months...no problems yet...and i've yet to hear of someone hydrolocking their protege.
                          there are several posts on here about hydrolocking their pro.

2000 White Protege LX
                          Sumitomo 195/60HR14
                          2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
                          Kenwood KDC-MP522 Head Unit
                          Kenwood KAC-7251 (800 W) Amp
                          Audiobahn AWC10T x 2 Subs
                          Kenwood Music Keg
                          Black Widow Keyless Entry
                          Intake- Custom SRI
                          Clear Corner Lights
                          APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

if you really think it's necessary, go right ahead. i've driven 8 hrs. up the interstate in the rain without a problem. you lose the little bit of a gain you get with a cold air by putting on a bypass valve. you might as well just throw on a short ram air.
                            2003 Spicy MSP

2003 Mazda Protege5 - traded

2001 Mazda MP3 #1476 - sold

Comment

Well, like I said before, the road that I drive on every day floods if a bird pisses on it. That's why I got the bypass valve. Also, I took out my factory gauges (THE ONE THAT INCLUDED THE TACH), and put in a set from an automatic Protege (ONE WITHOUT THE TACH). I wanted to put the tach on the dash, but did not see the point in having 2 tachs. So I easly fixed the problem. And besides, the inside of my car is black and blue, and the silver gauges did not match. The new gauges that I put in are black and I put in the blue lights from www.superbrightleds.com.
                              [

Comment

Working...
                              X