Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i want this for my car, but i dont know where to get it! HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want this for my car, but i dont know where to get it! HELP!!

Hey everyone, this is my first post here

Let me tell you guys a little story.
    One day, I was driving home in my nice 94 protege, and i was stopped in a left turn lane, turning left (duh!) and some jerk in a friggin venture slammed into my back end HARD. I was very surprised as to how well the back bumper took the impact. Anyway, everything was sorted out with insurance, mine didn't go up, and i had the car repaired. I go to pick my car up after like a month of being in the shop (thank god i had a rental!) and as soon as i step into my car, i notice that my stereo is gone! DAMN!. So i went in, and they said that there was nothing that they could do. So eventually I bitched enough, and I got a nice clarion MP3 player, and last weekend, I put in a 300W amp, and 2 10's with tweeters. Anyway, the car was parked just outside work for a few hours, and when I come out, i notice that my damn bumper is cracked! Well, needless to say, i don't want to make another insurance claim, so now im stuck with a cracked bumper. Well here's my solution:

I've always hated how the lights on the back extend onto the trunk lid, and i've been looking for a way to get rid of them. And i saw this picture:

So where might i be able to get that bumper, and that trunk lid?

Also, does anyone know of other body kits that fit onto the protege? I've heard that the 90-94 civic ones fit, can anyone confirm this?

Can anyone else come up with a solution to my current crisis?
    THANKS!

thats j-spec and extremly rare, and ontop of that the bumper is probally 300-400 bux or more, dont know but i think that the trunk garnish is the trunk but not sure
    No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

The trunk on that picture is a custom job. The bumper you'll have to get shipped form overseas as it's not available in the states. To answer your other question, civic bodykits don't fit, unless it's a custom job but that'll be costly. There are a few bodykits available for the 1st gen Proteges. Do a search as this has been discussed before and you'll find all the info needed.
      -------------------------
      '91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
      -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

what kind of rims are those?
        and maybe i can't get them in the states, how 'bout CanaDUH?

Comment

wut rims are wut?
          Tag Team

Comment

what rims are identity_x riding on?

Comment

pakfeifer has a distributor in canada, however doesn't do you any good if you have a 4-door bg.. only the front bumper would be useable

Comment

www.corksport.com has some body kits for the pro. but they are extremely pricey and take a few months to get.

90 Mazda Protege LX 5-Speed (currently 4 sale)
                -Mods...who care's anymore?DOHC anyone

Comment

No canada got shafted worse than the us, That is a gtx rear bumper and it looks like they painted over the familia garnish

Comment

the light thing is simple the guy took a 323 garnish and replaced the stock one then he painted it black the spoiler is off another car and the bumper will be hard to find
                    i is dumb

Comment

the garnish has some alterations. It looks as if it was filled in to be smooth. cause usually there are grooves goin through it to match the tails. but the bumper is hard to come by ive heard. would be a bangin setup if you could get the 2. or just paint ur stock garnish and fill in the grooves so you can have it smooth then paint it body color... just a suggestion.
                      Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                      Beige 1994 Protege DX
                      Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

heres a good question: what exhaust is that on that Pro? looks like its a cat-back system especially made for it...
                        89 Nissan 240SX-NEW CAR!!!
                        fst323@yahoo.com

Comment

it is e-spec. they had a full flex pipe back system that made use of a lack of a Cat. they sell them on German e-bay.
                          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                          So his engine he goosed
                          With much too much boost,
                          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
                            it is e-spec. they had a full flex pipe back system that made use of a lack of a Cat. they sell them on German e-bay.
                            any links to 'em?
                            89 Nissan 240SX-NEW CAR!!!
                            fst323@yahoo.com

Comment

hi guys,

that guy ripped off his garnish, then he covered up with a metal sheet, and finished up with fiberglass + cement, shaped exactly as the garnish. the spoiler came from a Daihatsu Applause spoiler.

Comment

Working...
                              X