1.5L Turbo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.5L Turbo??

I've been talking to essentialspeed about making a manifold for the 1.5l!!!! Now the question is how many of you guys are wanting a complete kit or just a manifold and downpipe.

This was from the first email from them!!!

what whp / boost will you be running? The reason i ask is our log style turbo manifold will efficently flow at 12 psi..anything over we'd prefer to go tubular.
    costs;
    log style: 400.00 can.
    tubular(equal length) :550.00 can.
    downpipe 2.5" dia. going to stock loaction is 400.00 can.
    keep in mind all material is 304 ss with machined surfaces and prices do not include shipping and taxes.
    to start i'd need the amount in full and the address to ship to..
    completion/delivery time would be 1-2 weeks from receipt of funds.
    thanks again for the interest,

Well let me knows what up so that I can keep this man informed on the interest!!!!
    turbo kit (complete kit)
    50.00%
    Manifold and downpipe
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

I would just take manifold and downpipe. I have given the turbo a long thought, and after looking at 1.5L engine for quite some time, I thought that it would be pretty damn hard to squeeze a turbo in there. Due to cab-forward design, there is not much room to work with. You have to consider, that you have to have a turbo, an intercooler with piping, bov, and to make it all work, I think would be pretty damn hard. That is probably why no one has turboed 1.5L yet. The only turbo 2nd gens I know are BPT swaps. But if they have 1.5L turbo, my props are out to them!
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Working...
    X