new to the protege world!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to the protege world!

I just bought a 2003 protege5 and I am a little concerned about the lack of power it has. I bought the car for my wife because she likes the looks of it. What are you folks doing to improve your power or lack there of issues and please list the mods, for I am a euro tuner and not smart with cars from this side of the world! hopefully after being here for a wile and some hard spent $$ the mazda will run as well as my euro! Thanks

2003 Mazda Protege 6
    2001 Audi A4 APR Stage III
    ANTI RICE!
    2001 AUDI A4 APR Stage III
    2003 MAZDA PROTEGE 5

quite a bit of mods for that car, for one try Corksport.com they have a JDM engine for the P5 with about 170 hp and then maybe you can do a custom junkyard turbo with it and maybe with exhuast you can do a HKS Axle back or the full GReddy Evo. Injen and AEM make good intakes for it but if you do a turbo you prolly not want to worry about those. Yeah the FAQs page has a lot of stuff there are just a few pointers for you.
    sigpic
    1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
    1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
    2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

Looked over the FAQs

but not very clear on my model for HP gains other then engine swaps. What kind of ECU (computer) tuning and other bolt ons are availible for Mazdas? is it best said that the engine swap is the only mod to gain the much much needed HP. I must say the car handels very well and has great throttle responce, but needs mor power! Help me out please before I put and Audi engine in thin bad boy! Just kidding, I should have bought a mazdaspeed!
      Last edited by stock5; 01-31-2004, 10:19 PM.
      ANTI RICE!
      2001 AUDI A4 APR Stage III
      2003 MAZDA PROTEGE 5

Comment

Well HiBoost and other companies have turbos. You can get a lot of the hp advances NA by replacing some fairly major parts, ie increasing compression etc. (I can't remember the exact parts) Most of this is labeled in the FAQ. So far, I think people are getting to about 240-250hp range with turbos and other internal stuff.
        Just remember, this car isn't as much about power but handling. Even with 170hp the mazdaspeed will run with much more powerful cars on the track, (ie SRT 4, WRX, etc.)
        2003 Protege5
        Midnight Blue MTX
        2002 Protege LX
        Black Mica MTX

Comment

The FS-ZE motor does NOT make 170 hp...

It does make 170 ps, which is a completely different measurement.

Not to mention that the FS-ZE in an OBDII car will not make 170 ps. You'll be lucky to make 130 hp to the wheels.
          "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake
          2001 Mazda Protege MP3, with Flyin' Protege Turbo Kit

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

Working...
          X