Mazda 6 = suckage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda 6 = suckage

My friend has an '03 mazda 6 with approximately 4500 miles on it. In that time, it's been into the shop literally more than 7 times, probably around 8 or 9. The CEL keeps coming on, it often kicks into limp mode, all sorts of good stuff.

So anyway, they just recently got the car back, and we were out driving around in it tonight. My friend always drives pretty hard, and tonight he was driving it particularly hard because they're sick of it and want a new car. They've already had contact with Mazda N.A., so they might just get that.

Anyway, we're driving down a two lane road going through lights. We rolled through a light that turned green as we were going about 20. We were all talking having a good time, going through the gears. We come up on this '04 nissan quest, and we all made mention of how fugly they are... Anyways, so we're right beside this guy, we roll through another light around 30, and again we're ripping up through the gears.

Except this time the minivan is with us, which none of us had noticed. Apparently the guy driving saw us go and decided to get on it... he not only kept up with us, but started pulling on us to about 70-75.... We just started cracking up...

Mazda 6 is a terrible freaking car. Well, at least this one is... It's the 6cyl auto, just so you know. I know the nissan VQ engine is freaking awesome (i'm a huge fan of the maximas), but it's a freaking minivan kicking the crap out of a Mazda 6, aka sport sedan. Re-freaking-diculous!

Yea yea mazda's aren't meant for a straight line... but hello, it's a freaking MINIVAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Not even one of those fancy turbo dodge caravans!

. . . . Mazda 6
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

i hate when people categorize the WHOLE model just because they had an experience with a lemon (which this particular one your friend has sounds like)

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

I am sure the 6 would eat the Quest alive on the twisties. Besides, there are so many cars today that are fast driving in the straight line, so it dos not surprise me at all.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

well if its a maxima motor in the quest wuts stopping the guy from modding the hell out of it
        i is dumb

Comment

Maybe your friends driving habits contributed to the car breaking so often?? I've been looking at the 6 for about a year now and it's seems to be a well built car.
          -------------------------
          '91 LX
          '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
          -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
          well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
            well if its a maxima motor in the quest wuts stopping the guy from modding the hell out of it
            Dude, no offense, but the Quest is a minivan. Its meant to haul kids around safely, not to drag it at the strip on weekends.
            "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by Identity_X
              Maybe your friends driving habits contributed to the car breaking so often?? I've been looking at the 6 for about a year now and it's seems to be a well built car.
              That could be part of it but shouldn't be... I drive my protege pretty hard and I've put almost 12k miles on it with not a single problem.

Comment

If I bought a new car, I honestly don't think it will be a Mazda. It will either be a RSXS, IS 300... or something of that nature, with an aftermarket for the damn car.
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

im sure his driving style hasen't helped te car any. sucks he is having problems.
                  .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                  225.94wtq
                  torque monster!!!!
                  dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                  http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                  http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
                    Dude, no offense, but the Quest is a minivan. Its meant to haul kids around safely, not to drag it at the strip on weekends.
                    dude can u say sleeper! just think u pull up next to a minivan at the light. he starts reving his motor and u just sit there laughing. the light goes green and he touches the gas, ur like ok ill show him sumptin, so u floor it and ur like yeah im winning and the zoom! this bigass minvian passes u goin like 90 and ur sitting there crying. there are alot of honda vans that have f20's and h22 in them just cause its a minivan dosent make it slow.
                    i is dumb

Comment

The minivan still had temp tags on it, so I doubt there were any mods done to it besides the custom spilled milkshake in the rear.

Secondly, my friend rarely drives it, it's his fiance's car. He has an '04 RX8 that he beats the poo out of, so far with zero problems.

And this isn't the only 6 that we know of having problems like this. There are quite a few people on the 6 forums having similar problems from what I hear. Not only that, but another friend of ours bought a brand new '04 6 a few months ago even though we pleaded him not to. The first week the power windows stopped working, and it was in the shop for a week. A few weeks after that, it had mechanical problems and was in the shop for another couple of days.

Oh and the kicker, they just filled up on friday (the day before we were out getting slayed by minivans) and they got a whopping 13mpg. That's almost as bad as the 8 is getting. Very disapointed with the car!
                      Dan
                      dreesemonkey

Comment

still sounds like your friend's 6 is just a bad lemon, again, don't spoil the whole basket because of a few bad apples

i bet if somebody had this problem in a Toyota everyone would say 'oh it's just bad luck, you got a lemon' and there won't be accusations that the whole line is ****

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

ummm. i think that qualifies as a lemon heh?
                          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomZoomH
                            still sounds like your friend's 6 is just a bad lemon, again, don't spoil the whole basket because of a few bad apples

i bet if somebody had this problem in a Toyota everyone would say 'oh it's just bad luck, you got a lemon' and there won't be accusations that the whole line is ****
                            So the fact that people on the mazda 6 forum and our other friend having major problems is irrelevant? It's NOT just their car.

And to make things even better, the last problem they were having, they didn't even know how to fix, so MNA told them to wait a few months when a new ECU flash comes out.
                            Dan
                            dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
                              So the fact that people on the mazda 6 forum and our other friend having major problems is irrelevant? It's NOT just their car.
                              but it's not showing up on EVERY car either. Generalizing the whole line based on a comparatively small percentage of owners that have major problems is statistically irrelevant.

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Working...
                              X