Visor Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visor Monitor

After much discussion concerning the In Dash monitor has anyone considered the Visor Monitor? If anyone has one installed let me know.

Thanks
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/mazda99protege

Originally posted by mazdaprotege99
    After much discussion concerning the In Dash monitor has anyone considered the Visor Monitor? If anyone has one installed let me know.

Thanks

i was planning on getting some visor monitors, but i just haven't had the extra money for them. there's a company that actually sells the monitors in sun visors, with the controls right on the visors.

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
      i was planning on getting some visor monitors, but i just haven't had the extra money for them. there's a company that actually sells the monitors in sun visors, with the controls right on the visors.

Would you happen to have the company name? I would like to check that out.
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/mazda99protege

Comment

Originally posted by mazdaprotege99
        Would you happen to have the company name? I would like to check that out.

i had it saved as a favorite, but i've had to recover my laptop a few times, so i've lost all my links the downside to it was that it was like $350+, so it would probably cheaper to just mount your own.

Comment

Alot of people make visor monitors.

eg

or if you want it built in

You can froogle them and find a worse price though.

Ive been looking into this and they are just way too expensive when you can get the monitor for $100. All your paying for is the case.

Comment

I've thought about it and decided to just mold a 5" inch screen into my center console

Comment

Why only 5" ive decided to look for an 8" one to mold into the center console. It has to be at least 8.6" though but without the casing it will be cheaper. Ill probubly go with a 7" and just put it into my console casing and all.

Im thinking something like this
              Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

Looks so stock!

Comment

ahh well see you have a 3rd gen I have a 2nd gen... an early 2nd gen at that... so its going way down by the shifter.... it sounds weird yes but the whole center thing will be fiberglasses over and the the Ebrake will be hidden under a lil door.... basically the height of my little console thingy with the lid where my current armrest is will be the the same height as everything else all thway to the radio and then a door will open sideways to pullt he ebrake up..... it will then give off the idea of short shifter even though it wont be which sucks but it will look better in the end sounds odd I know but I did some drawings and renders of it and it looks bad ass

Comment

Hmm now you got me thinking about it.
                  I could use a small screen and put it by the shifter.
                  that way I could keep my radio.

For a screen that small it should be nice but wont the shifter block your view?

You could hack up a ps one screen.
                  With a little work I hear they can even take vga inputs.
                  You can pick one up for about $50.

Iknow a few people that are using them as head rest monitors.

Comment

you will have to wait and see Iguess

Comment

Working...
                    X