324ccm FE3N/F2T injectors
    DB-HP heat wrap
    DB-HP silicone hoses
    DB-HP t-bolt clamps
    DB-HP cone filter
    Simota cone filter adaptor
    DB-HP vacuum lines
    Walbro 255lph fuel pump

Making of manifold (took me about 4-5hours to make), used the stock flange.

I can raise the boost without opening the hood, modified the Audi WG so that i could change boost level easily.

Tried on GT-R bumper

Done and ready to boost

Car was 100usd in your money
    Turboing it (plus new belts, oil etc) cost me ~250usd

I had the car for some months just standing in front of my garage and week ago friday i was sitting in my garage nothing to do and then it hit me. Lets blow up the B6, then i have a reason for BP or FE3N swap. So it took me a week to build and now its boosting 0.4bar. AFR is nice 11.9 to 12.1 WOT and havent heard any detonation. Will raise boost once i get some brakes :D
    Ran out of injectors ~0.7bar with stock ecu and afm.

IvarR
    Last edited by IvarR; 07-08-2010, 05:40 PM.

Please spray some water under that hood. Looks like the car came from the desert
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
      Please spray some water under that hood. Looks like the car came from the desert
      It last drove in year 2000 :D

Ill clean and respray it when this thing blows up and i can put an actual engine in it .

IvarR

Comment

I really like your valve cover! What kind of thermo tape have you used?
        Clear corners in Europe - that's great! Have a listen, are they from Poland? I found some info about them but our stock corners has 2 bulbs - 1 for parking light, and 1 for turn signal. That Polish stuff has just 1 bulb hole - for turn signal, and parking light is situated in their design headlight (crystal-clear glass) (( As I can see, your headlght is stock glass. So, can you tell, what have you done with front parking lights (in case if your clear corners haven't parking light hole)?
        Thanking you in anticipation!
        Last edited by labeo; 07-09-2010, 01:43 AM.
        sigpic
        1990 323s BG 1.6i

Comment

That's great lol. Boostin the sohc 1.6. Not a bad budget build that's for sure. How long do you tjink it will take to blow if all your numbers are looking good? You going to keep this thread going when you do your swap?
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by labeo View Post
            I really like your valve cover! What kind of thermo tape have you used?
            Clear corners in Europe - that's great! Have a listen, are they from Poland? I found some info about them but our stock corners has 2 bulbs - 1 for parking light, and 1 for turn signal. That Polish stuff has just 1 bulb hole - for turn signal, and parking light is situated in their design headlight (crystal-clear glass) (( As I can see, your headlght is stock glass. So, can you tell, what have you done with front parking lights (in case if your clear corners haven't parking light hole)?
            Thanking you in anticipation!
            Thermo tape is so called without any brand, i used to work in a tuning shop and then we imported it straight from china. It is very good tape, it doesnt turn hard and yo can reuse it, its actually white but i painted it with thermo paint like the valve cover and piping.

The corners have no parking light. In Estonia we have to drive with daytime running lights or if the car doesnt have them we have to use low beams. So nobody will see that i have no parking lights if im driving with low beams on.

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
            That's great lol. Boostin the sohc 1.6. Not a bad budget build that's for sure. How long do you tjink it will take to blow if all your numbers are looking good? You going to keep this thread going when you do your swap?
            Well im not trying to blow it up with ****ty afr and detonation, ill try to find how much can it take, engine has 240 000km/150000miles. At the moment i dont have any traction first 3 gears with 175/70R13 rubber :D. I have my mazdaspeed mx5*/miata alloys waiting.

IvarR

Comment

Originally posted by IvarR View Post
              The corners have no parking light. In Estonia we have to drive with daytime running lights or if the car doesnt have them we have to use low beams. So nobody will see that i have no parking lights if im driving with low beams on.
              IvarR
              Thanks for comment!
              So, your corners are like these or just the same?

PS I've asked about thermo tape, because my exhaust insulator in mounting points has been covered by rust, and it has detached itself from pipes!
              sigpic
              1990 323s BG 1.6i

Comment

Originally posted by labeo View Post
                Thanks for comment!
                So, your corners are like these or just the same?

PS I've asked about thermo tape, because my exhaust insulator in mounting points has been covered by rust, and it has detached itself from pipes!
                Mine are manufactured by TYC and look the same yes.
                I covered the manifold with aluminium cheramic paint so that it wouldn rust underneath the thermo tape.

IvarR

Comment

that's an interesting way of doing things haha, i like it. that's a massive IC btw haha.
                  -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                    that's an interesting way of doing things haha, i like it. that's a massive IC btw haha.
                    I had this from my 323, had no reason to go and buy a new one if i already had this :D

IvarR

Comment

Originally posted by IvarR View Post

I had the car for some months just standing in front of my garage and week ago friday i was sitting in my garage nothing to do and then it hit me. Lets blow up the B6, then i have a reason for BP or FE3N swap. So it took me a week to build and now its boosting 0.4bar. AFR is nice 11.9 to 12.1 WOT and havent heard any detonation. Will raise boost once i get some brakes :D
                      Ran out of injectors ~0.7bar with stock ecu and afm.

IvarR
                      so just using NA ECU and stuff for the turbo?? did you just make adjustments to the AFM i see?
                      FE3 POWA
                      1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

Originally posted by Evilist View Post
                        so just using NA ECU and stuff for the turbo?? did you just make adjustments to the AFM i see?
                        Yes is using NA ECU, i have SMT6 also to hook up but till now timing and AFR is ok to use, i used AFM to tune AFR yes. Its running rich and cannot be revved with cold engine but when it reaches normal working temp everything is spot on where needed.

Today i decided something. I have a perfect (no rust) astina shell that i have been building for my girlfriend and im putting the engine on astina and keeping it @0.4bar/~6psi, she doesnt need more.

Protege is off to bodywork after the astina is done.

So this is the car that will recieve this engine:

It has V6 mx3 wider axles with 280mm front brakes, all possible electrics and will be straight out from paintbooth in the beggining of the week (its so white that it hurts my eyes in sunlight). Looking stock exept for 16" MX5 alloys painted white to match the car and 50mm lowered.

Ill do a worklog on the astina next week when im putting it all together.

IvarR
                        Last edited by IvarR; 07-10-2010, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X