Intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake?

Could someone let me know if I can put an intake on my car, I've got a stock 323 SE, I really wanna do some cheap mods to the engine just to make it look a little better under the hood, it really needs to be cleaned under the hood but I don't know what I can clean and what I can without risking any damage. Please let me know what all I could possibly do, I doubt I will ever have the money to do a swap, so I'll be stuck with modding my stock engine. I also have no idea what engine my car has in it, aside from the fact its stock, please fill me in with all the knowledge, haha, cuz I'm a car newb.

-Trevor
    Attached Files

ok. ill try to help you out.

1. yes you can put an intake on your car. all you need to do is replace that plastic pipe with some sort of aluminum pipe of the same general bend. i used intercooler piping. then get a MAF adapter (should be able to at a parts store) and slap a filter on it. cheap intake, done. i might have mine laying around somewhere..

2. if you do plan to clean under the hood the main things that need to keep from getting wet are your distributor and plug wires. also any open wires that you might know about.

3. its a B6 SOHC. makes a whopping 82hp and not enough torque to even talk about. not to be an ass but it most likely wont be fast whatever you do with it. trust me, i had one. the easiest thing to do with it to make some power would most likely be a head swap from a B6 dual cam miata engine, or put B6T rods from a 323 GT in your B6 and boost it. stock B6 rods would be lucky to last over 10lbs.

i used to say that i would never have a swap in my car, but im on my second KL motor. never say never..
    Last edited by DeeAOne; 07-10-2010, 03:51 AM.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Thanks man, I'm not really looking to do a swap right now due to my lack on income, haha.

Comment

No problem. Let me know if you want that intake pipe. Found mine. Don't have a Maf adapter though.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Working...
        X