V6 MX-3 Noob ECU Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V6 MX-3 Noob ECU Question

Hey guys gearing up for V6 Power for my 323. I Assume this is my V6 computer?? LOL (I have a pile of ECU's this one is the odd one). One of my parts car's was a 1994 MX-3 V6 GS (the rest were 1.6L 323's)

Second question I have located the chip with the sticker on it. The second set of numbers starts with a 2XXX, so is it safe to say I can chip this bish for a KLZE??

Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

It looks like it says k8? I think thats the right one. lol
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Yes that's a K834 ECU I think and yes you can chip it. That particular ECU is specific to the 94' and 95' MX-3. What MX-3 did you take your wire harness from? What engine are you using it with? What distributor are you using? How many sensors on your coolant neck?

Comment

Originally posted by 300BHPZE View Post
        Yes that's a K834 ECU I think and yes you can chip it. That particular ECU is specific to the 94' and 95' MX-3.

What MX-3 did you take your wire harness from? I bought a running & driving 1994 MX-3 GS, everything will be from the same car

What engine are you using it with? A KLZE straight neck, copied a spanish dude with the same swap (moved the brake fluid reservoir to fit the intake).

What distributor are you using? The 94 MX-3 GS had a new one

How many sensors on your coolant neck?
        No idea, I have the K8 still, I can look.

sigpic

Comment

I have a straight ZE in my MX-3 with a MX-6 booster as well. I follow your build on MX-3.com too.

the trick with the ECU is to use the same ECU, disty and sensors. Essentially it's as if you're swapping a ZE into a 94' MX-3. Dead simple. Solo_Ryder is an authority on the 94' and can tell you very specifically what's required.

Comment

you dont have to use same harness to ECU. you can use the 1.8 harness with ze computer. that was how mine was set up. and ran great. the coolant sensor problem is not a problem at all the ze is set up for one. so the computer of a ze only recognizes one sensor. if using a k8 harness the extra plug for the coolant is just left unplugged. i have a full drop out for the KLZE if any of you are interested. KL31 computer which is the 5spd ECU and JE-50 MAF which is the 5spd J-spec MAF for it. which you should have to run correctly. on another not did research the KLZE is tuned for 96 octane in Japan so make sure to use at least 93 and set timing a little lower otherwise you will have running problems. on and back to harness to ECU the only time you have to use same harness to ECU is if using probe stuff the plug ins to the computer are diff. for ford to mazda. same harness just diff. plugs. if using mazda stuff and harness for v6 to ECU will run the car.

Comment

i have a question will the klze 2.5 j spec motor bolt up to the 1.8 v6 k8 mx3 trans and car?

Comment

Originally posted by mazda626chic View Post
                i have a question will the klze 2.5 j spec motor bolt up to the 1.8 v6 k8 mx3 trans and car?
                Yes Very common swap. Check out my second favorite forum

MX-3.com

sigpic

Comment

yes. have had one. probably the biggest bang for your buck too. advice though take your time and replace things now that need to be replaced. like any accessories or valve cover gaskets. it is always easier when motor is out of the car. also would invest in a good clutch. mine had a ceterforce stage 2 clutch. very nice. held up to the power no problem. if you need a list of things or how to stuff p.m. me. there are a few things you have to do for the swap. like the butterfly wiring and computer things. no big things, really easy things. and just a few things you should know.

Comment

Working...
                  X