haha this should be fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha this should be fun!

well once i get all the inside wires out of the 93 protege, and get my motor out, i get to have some real fun with my dad!!!!!!!!!Not! we get to rewire everything, hopefully all the gauges will work and the car will start, im sure we can get it to start after awhile, but im not sure about all the other stuff. hopefully the wiring prcess will start in about 2 weeks, just a guess but it will take alot of time!

Why are you rewireing the car ?
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

well, lets just say, 93 proteges ecu connections and under dash are exactly the same, plus the 93 has a few things wire wise that the 98 doesnt vise versa. I have a fair chance though with the wiring diagrams i have from a 93 and a 98. I just have a feeling some things might not work, but who knows.

Comment

hmm, I hear that.
        Yeah that's a iffy install your doing there.
        Reason I say that is, your converting a 98 obd2 car to obd0.
        If you used the 1.8 AT wire harness and ecu (easier to find than a 1.8MT harness) then you could just get the MAF for the BP. You could weld in the 2nd O2 sensor and then use a Distributor for a 2nd gen 1.8.

This way your interior products will all work properly. You will get a check engine light for the EGR valve, but that shouldn't be a big deal, I guess.

Bruce
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

wait, r u saying get a 2nd gen wiring harness and ecu? so its compatible with the inside but will still go on all the 1st gen wiring connectors? If so this could be a lot easier than i anticipated

Comment

what i mean by wiring connectors is all the clips on the 1st gen motor that the harness connects to. anybody else have n e ideas?

Comment

could i just use a distributor from my 1.5? or does it have to be 1.8? How much would i be spending on the ecu, wiring harness and distributor?

Comment

Working...
              X