Ok, This is about tie bars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, This is about tie bars.

On mazdaracer.com, tie bars are listed as performance mods.

What exactly are they changing about the performance of the car? i AM just curious

EDIT:

I searched up Tie bar and got 2 results....

I learned it has SOMETHING to do with the suspension

Directly from Darryl's site:
    --------------------------------------------
    Here's a good explanation by David Avard, 12 year Protege AutoXer.

"They tie the lower ends of the suspension together, much the same way that the upper strut bars tie the upper ends together.

How this helps in the front is more obvious: The fronts of the lower control arms are just kinda hanging out in the air, so that bumps pull and push on the lower mounting points. How this affects the suspension is that you get toe changes and sometimes camber/caster changes.

Tying the fronts together helps prevent these unwanted changes. Why doesn't the factory do this. One- few people drive hard enough to notice the effects. Second--most powertrains are lifted from the bottom, and any structure tying the front LCAs together would tend to hinder that.

-----------------------------------------

Since this is related to suspension........to the right section it goes
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

sorry man lol, didnt know whati t was at first..

thanks for getting that.

Just trying to fill my head with knowledge.

Comment

I ordered a set off of Darryl. They have to be custom made. He had a group buy for a front and rear lower set. You might PM him if he has any left.they are 200 bucks which isnt bad considering that they had to be custom made by a fab shop.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
        X