Air conditioning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air conditioning?

Does anyone have a pic of their drive belt setup on a SOHC B6 without PS but with AC? I removed my PS, and now i need ot find out what all i need to re-ad a belt over on that side, and get this AC a flowin!

I'm not 100% sure, but on my 323, which DOES have PS, the PS pump pulley is what puts the tension on the entire belt. Unfortunately, I can't remember right now if the 323 was offered without PS from the factory, but you'll probably have to rig up some sort of tensioner pulley, seeing as how the AC and Crank pulleys don't move at all....

--sarge

Comment

It was offered that way. I drove one once. I think it was an 86.

You need a tensioner pully. Try junkyards and parts stores first. Dealer should have it if no one else does, but I'm sure that will be expensive, so you might be better off making your own or adapting something else.
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

iirc the one's optioned with A/C and not P/S had a manual tensioner in place of the P/S pump. It's a pretty rare piece. You may be able to rig up an automatic tensioner from a ford or chevy to work with some fabrication.
        Here's a picture that Turpro took of one he found a while back
        Last edited by Ace; 08-02-2010, 11:43 PM.
        -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
        VF10 powered!
        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Ahh, that's what i needed, was to see what it looked like. When i went to the salvage yard to pick up my manual steering rack, i asked to look at the car, and it was optioned with neither A/C or P/S. **** was weak as hell. My plan is to try Pull-A-Part this weekend, but if no luck there, I'm going to try the dealer. I just couldn't figure out where it would go.

Comment

I have one of those for a festiva (same) except it has a v groove pulley. It could be changed. PM me if interested. Or keep in mind to look at festivas. Only a/c cars (festivas) had it.

Comment

Picked one up yesterday off of a SE sedan at the pull-a-part, can't wait to get it installed and take a crack at this a/c system!

Comment

DAMMIT, went to install that **** today and realized the motor mount was different. I guess thats what happens when you only see the car once every 2 weeks.

Comment

Like euro said I would try one off a Festiva or a aspire - the 97 aspires ran the serpentine style belt and the AC set up was identical - might have a better chance finding a non PS AC aspire.
                  87 Mazda 323 DX - Daily Driver
                  91 Festiva L - modified to LX / SX
                  92 Festiva GL - parts car
                  97 Aspire - parts car

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                  Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Working...
                  X