Replace main bearings or new engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace main bearings or new engine?

So more GTX bad luck. Found out my main bearings are shot ... explains the low oil pressure.

Should I replace the bearings, or go for a new engine? I'm thinking a 92-93 miata bottom end and mount it to my current GTX head.

fun fun

or buy my motor,complete long block with new pistons.I'm just down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by nickz View Post
      or buy my motor,complete long block with new pistons.I'm just down the road.
      hmmm, tell me more. km's, price, whats been done. etc.

Comment

Uh,it's a seasoned motor well over 200kms no issues internally at all.No ticking,knocking,pinging etc.Very dirty.I have 2 that i would like gone.The other isalso real solid also.I've got a reich ecu to go with it if needed.Hell I'll help you pull it and drop it in.Make me a resonable offer.I would like it gone.It IS a solid,dirty motor thats just sitting taking up much needed space.Garanteed.

Comment

200km's puts it right with mine now, and for all I know all I need is new main bearings. I'm going to drop the pan and take a look soon.

Let me think about it. The reich ECU makes it tempting though.

Comment

crankshaft does not look good.

To fix this engine it looks like I'd have to remove the crank, get it machined and then install thicker bearings. Compared to a new engine I feel like it would be on par price wise.

Comment

Working...
            X