Springs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springs....

I want to find stiffer springs at stockish height. Something like 300/200. No lower than stock and no more than one inch higher.

Any ideas? Where do you guys get your springs?
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

(defers to JasonCSprotege et al, cuz all my cars have GTR uprights and I dunno bout stock spring height)

(But I bet it's similar)

Can't go wrong with Eibach or B&G, either of which should have an application that drops right in. If you tell em OA length/diameter front and rear, they'll be able to match up in whatever rate you want. Eibach prices were so reasonable I ended up getting a couple sets for my GTX when I was trying to tame the back end of that car.
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Is that free length, or installed?
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Comment

Eibach's lower about an inch or so though.
        -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
        VF10 powered!
        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Free length.
          '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
          '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I've been thinking about this too. Eibach and ZX2 struts? Maybe.
            1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
            1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
            2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
            1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

I have ZX2 SR struts, They limit travel in the front, but not too much. I need to get rid of my lowering springs soon. I'll go back to stock for a while, but later I want stiffer springs at about the same height.

I will call Eibach about custon height/shape/rate springs soon and post what they say.

Thanks for the help, everybody.
              1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
              ├┼┤
              2 4 R

Comment

Working...
              X