Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil pressure guage

hey guys,
    i hooked up an oil pressure guage on the weekend, and im not 100% sure i tapped into the right spot.

i put the pressure sensor right here

i know thats a BP head but the b6t is set up very similar.
    i tapped into that allen cap set screw right underneath the "2" on the head code on the right side.

now it reads fine when i start the car. it runs up to 3.7kpa, then later on when the car is warm the guage reads 0 the whole time.

is my guage fubar'd? the place i tapped into incorrect? oil pump shot?

where do all you guys tap into?
    1988 323 GTX - 16psi Daily

i always instal mine where the oil pressure sending switch is on the side of the block where it faces the firewall. pretty much next to the oil filter.
    91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

wrong spot! the best is a sandwich plate that goes between the bloc and the oil cooler!
      Suzuki SX4 AWD 6MT 2010 : Daily driver
      Mazda 323 GTX 1988 : Rally Car
      www.ahurateam.com

Comment

X2.

Either use the 10mm BSPT port used for the stock sensor (with an adapter to use the aftermarket sensor), or buy the sandwich adapter off ebay (Miata).

Comment

oil pressure sensor is your best bet in my opinion.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Working...
          X