PW windows/locks in a DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PW windows/locks in a DX

i have an LX doner car. other then door pannels what else must be done to get power locks/windows?......im getting my alarm installed (free install with purchas) on thursday and the remote has keeyless entry......any advice will be greatly welcome.....

thanx
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

moved to proper fourm
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156

you'll need to latches and motors, the switch in the drivers door, the door wire harnesses, the doorlock relay and maybe a few other doodads.

In order to have keyless entry though, you'll need to add an aftermarket motor to the drivers door. Not because of the swap, but thats just how mazda made them, the LX does not have a motor in the drivers door, just a switch to tell the others whats going on.

Comment

say I wanted to do this in my 323.

The door panels are physically shorter so I cant just swap them over. Once the window crank is removed there will be a hole there. Any way I could re-cover the existing panel with viynl to hide the hole?

Only other thing I can think of is to find a 323 LX in a j/y and get the panels. But then those are really rare.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
        X